Senior Cloud Architect
Remote - USA
Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where you are the go-to person for everything cloud? In this position, you will be exposed to a plethora of cloud technologies, and you will apply yourexpertise to enhance performance and security of vital cloud environments and services across the board. Your professional opinion will be heard by all levels of technologists and leaders, and you willhelp establish and drive the strategic technical roadmap. You will tune existing environments for the maximum performance, user experience, and security posture; and you will continually evaluate newtechnologies as they emerge onto the market (including R&D, setting up lab environments, testing functionality and security, conducting proofs of concept, and running pilot projects).
- Architect, implement, securely configure, fine-tune and maintain cloud solutions to empower the Dragos internal operating environments, including PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS.
- Develop and clarify business requirements, and translate these into detailed design documents with technical configurations in order to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Threat Operations and other internal stakeholders to provide security assurance and quality operational characteristics for customer-focused technical platforms.
- Assess existing cloud environments against industry best practices and security standards, providing actionable, feasible recommendations for continued improvement.
- Create reference architectures to drive standardized, secure use of technologies.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential problems to prevent them from occurring and improve the overall user experience.
- Prioritize workload based on severity and impact to customer and demonstrate a sense of urgency when handling operational issues.
- Participate in knowledge sharing via involvement in technical discussions and Knowledge Base documentation.
- Provide senior subject matter expertise for cloud-based technologies.
- Develop architecture blueprints and detailed documentation. Create bill of materials, including required Cloud Services (such as EC2, Lambda, queues, S3 etc.) and tools;
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of Cloud Engineering / Architecture experience in a professional enterprise; prefer 10+ years
- Strong cybersecurity acumen, with SME-level knowledge of tools and methods to protect cloud environments
- Extensive experience with AWS and cloud platform as a service (PaaS)
- Hands-on experience with Azure
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Experience with automation and orchestration
- Proficient technical problem-solving skills
- Clear written communication skills
- Scripting in Python, bash, PowerShell for API interaction
- Experience with GIT
- Knowledge of implementing and managing IAM and SSO at scale
Nice to Have
- Certification on AWS architecture and security
- Hands-on experience with Network Engineering
- Experience with collaboration tools
- Experience with solution cost analysis
- Experience implementing and managing CASB
- Experience with implementing and managing continuous monitoring in cloud infrastructure
- Participation in CTFs, tabletop exercises, and mock incident response involving native cloud infrastructure
- Experiencing designing solutions within a security architecture (e.g., SABSA)
- Experience with private cloud including VMware and KVM
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve different levels of hardware and client desktop issues.
- Linux/Unix operating system administration
- Understanding of permission levels across Linux and Windows environments.
- Start-up Experience preferred
Job tags: AWS Azure Bash EC2 Git Go Lambda Linux Python S3 Terraform Unix VMware Windows
Job region(s): North America Remote/Anywhere
Job stats: 0 0 0