Staff Engineer, Platform Engineering
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Platform Engineering is a new department at Mailchimp focused on maintaining and improving our core components, and we are looking for a Staff level engineer to help us do it. This team is within Platform Engineering and is focused on our internal event analytics platform, which is critical for our engineers and our feature development. You can expect to set the team’s technical direction, spearhead efforts to establish patterns and processes, and lead the team through examples in your own work. You will collaborate with teams throughout the company and represent our group in cross-departmental projects and forward-looking discussions with Directors and VPs.
At Mailchimp, we value learning, collaboration and clarity. You’ll find success here if you enjoy writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't only about shipping: you are a welcoming contributor who knows how to communicate with your team in order to build great software. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environments—and then buckled down, fixed them and maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross functionally to understand our application reporting needs and set the technical direction to meet those needs
- Build, document, and promote usage of client libraries that our product engineering teams can use to store events and retrieve aggregated data
- Maintain and improve upon a cloud based event pipeline, including developing service level objectives, data quality checks, and resistance to failure
- Empower team members by providing technical guidance and mentorship
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
We’d Love to hear from you if:
- You have experience driving cross functional projects and communicating the technical aspects to both technical and non-technical teams
- You have experience with distributed systems, including load management, monitoring, and building resiliency
- Coding experience in PHP, Java, Go, or other languages that can be demonstrated through a portfolio of code
- You are a self starter that can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- You are passionate about building and delivering great features for customers
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.