Espoo, Uusimaa, Finland
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a DevOps Engineer to support our Software Engineering team based in our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
We build and operate a growing number of internal and external software services whose purposes range from image ordering and order tracking to data processing and constellation optimization. As our software grows more complex, we want to make our deployments easier, faster and more reliable. This requires constant improvements in our development tools, CI/CD systems and the underlying platform.
As part of your job as a DevOps engineer you will be helping our Flight Software teams to improve and build new CI/CD pipelines for testing embedded Linux/Unix and RTOS software components. Part of the job is also to act as the DevOps champion for the group introducing new and more efficient tooling as well as processes for increased deployment throughput.
- Implementing, maintaining and helping to supervise product deployments
- Participation in shaping architecture, platform and processes for the said deployments
- Cooperation with other teams in migrating to microservices approach
- Orchestrating and securing CI/CD pipelines
- Working closely with developers and quality assurance for continuous improvement of the software development lifecycle
We run software in the cloud - mainly AWS - while remaining platform agnostic for securing business continuity. Parts of the infrastructure are also located at satellite ground stations and selected customer locations. Some of the technologies we are using to build and maintain our product delivery services include, but are not limited to: Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Python, Go, AWS, vSphere, REST, Kubernetes, Istio, Datadog, Git. As part of the job,
You will also get to affect DevOps best practices and have a say in technology choices. Your team values security, quality and understands the importance of schedules to the overall business.
Your background and skillset:
- Strong emphasis on cooperation and knowledge sharing
- You’re well versed in Linux and understand networking fundamentals
- Good general understanding of software development practices such as The Twelve Factor App
- Experience in coding/scripting fully automated service deliveries
- Desire to learn new things and to improve existing solutions
- Emphasis of security in your actions
- Experience in RTOS and/or embedded Linux/Unix systems is a plus
- A job that matters – you will be responsible for building a critical part of our infrastructure that our customers around the world will rely on
- Extraordinary possibility for self-development, research time, ability to attend trainings, conferences or certification schemes
- Flexible working hours and relaxed culture
- Unique experience and opportunity in the new-space industry
- Independent role with a supportive and international work environment, many who have moved to Finland just to join ICEYE
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Fringe benefits in effect
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English by February 22, 2021
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.