Senior Software Development Engineer - Infrastructure
Are you looking to grow, own meaningful projects, and work in a compelling problem space?
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet.
At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe.
Your work matters, every day.
As a Software Development Engineer at Remitly, you are a part of the Infrastructure Engineering team, focused on building world-class software tools and automation that enable all Remitly developers to build, deploy, and monitor their applications and services with safety nets
and low operational overhead. He/she will strive to accelerate all Remitly Engineering teams, empowering them to learn, iterate, and deliver impactful experiences to our customers at an increasingly fast pace.
• Designs, builds, and drives adoption of infrastructure tools and systems across the organization.
• Designs and implements software solutions for ambiguous, large, or difficult technical problems often involving multiple systems and multiple developers.
• Proactively researches, evaluates, and evangelizes new technologies for adoption across the team.
• Proficient in at least one programming language. Golang is preferred but not required.
• Picks up new technologies rapidly, finding common patterns, pros and cons of each.
• Designs and implementations are simple and forward-thinking, and are well-instrumented and well-documented.
• 3+ years of relevant experience.
Nice to have proficiencies:
• Seamlessly transitions between core infrastructure technologies, and is an expert in several, especially Docker containers, Kubernetes, and associated tooling.
• Has experience working across multiple layers of a software application’s stack.
• Experience building developer tooling.
• High ownership and results-driven approach to difficult problems.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent and/or post-grad coursework.
Who We Are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua.