Software Engineer (Golang + Docker/ Kubernetes)
Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, named one of the Best Places to Work in India by Great Place to Work. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
About the team you will be on…
As a member of Acquia’s Content Hub Services team you will be developing and maintaining the backend service for our content syndication product. Content Hub is a product that delivers value to our customers that have more than one Drupal application and desire to have content shared across their applications. This team utilizes the latest tools, technologies and patterns to solve these complex business problems building on top of AWS, Golang, Docker, APIs, and more. Our work scales to support Acquia’s thousands of customers who trust us to deliver their digital brands and experience across the world to millions of users each day.
About the role you will be applying for...
- Developing applications with Golang that leverage Docker running on Kubernetes
- Understanding API-driven systems in Golang to both consume and deliver content
- Creating and maintaining systems that leverage AWS cloud services
- Engineering persistent and volatile data storage, including databases, file systems, object stores, and more
- Operating within a team that helps effectively develop, maintain, and support the development of customer-facing products
- Working closely with our Content Hub Modules team, responsible for the customer-facing Drupal integration (interface of the service)
- Partnering and collaboration with other engineering teams, like UI, API, DevOps, Quality Engineering, and various subject matter experts
- Influencing and leading product and engineering teams with fresh ideas, code and communication as a domain expert
- Driving high quality delivery and deployment of new features and systems capable of working with existing systems and processes
- Diagramming and documenting current and future architectural plans sufficiently that necessary stakeholders can understand how new technologies introduced will work
- Owning and operating the services you create in accordance with defined service level objectives.
- Working in an Agile Scrum team building shippable product increments that meet the goals set with Product Owners.
The ideal candidate is
- First hand experience creating applications with Golang, Docker, and AWS services
- Very comfortable in the entire Linux stack, infrastructure as code, and tools for automation
- A team player committed to a great culture and work-life balance
- An avid learner willing to work within an evolving, fast paced environment
- Ability to break down complex problems into smaller decisions with defined options and data-driven analysis
- Executes projects effectively and efficiently as a leader on the team
- Uses sound rationale for problem identification and decision-making, and can transfer that knowledge to other engineers
- Works in a collaborative and supportive manner with not only his team but internal stakeholders through clean communication of complex, technical concepts
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered not only for themselves, but for their teammates.
- Passionate about creating and maintaining high quality software with test-driven development, continuous refactoring and an eye for simplicity.
- Influences and leads by example delivering fault tolerant services
- Comfortable under pressure and welcomes new challenges
To be successful in this role, you must have…
- 3+ years (software engineer) hands on software and systems development experience including designing, building, deploying, troubleshooting, and maintaining highly scalable and fault tolerant data pipelines and microservices
- 1+ years (software engineer) of experience with cloud and container-based systems engineering
- Production experience in Golang including automated testing
- Solid Linux OS system management
- Ubuntu, RHEL, Amazon Linux, etc.
- 1-2+ years of experience with AWS systems
- CloudFormation, EC2, VPC, ECS, SQS, S3, etc.
- Experience in CI/CD systems
- Jenkins, Travis, etc.
- The knowledge of Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL would be a bonus
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Individuals seeking employment at Acquia are considered without regard to race, color, religion, caste, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Whatever you answer will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter.