Infrastructure System Admin
Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
Infrastructure System Admin
Full Time - Exempt
The Infrastructure System Admin is responsible for managing, supporting and administering various areas of our IT infrastructure.
- Design, deploy and maintain software deployment / configuration management infrastructure
- Create and maintain VM and docker images using declarative templates and provisioning scripts for application services at deployment sites
- Collaborate with development teams to identify needs for deploying and configuring applications
- Implement infrastructure to monitor mission critical systems / services and provide alerting to responsible parties
- Participate in an off-hours on-call support rotation
- Experience implementing an effective automated software deployment and configuration management platform such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Strong RHEL based Linux system administration skills managing DNS, DHCP, firewall rules, and other services using configuration management tools
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices using Git and Jenkins
- Working knowledge of network engineering and working in a segmented network environment
- Experience with relational database technologies such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience automating workflow steps to achieve consistent, reliable, and optimized process implementation
- Excellent debugging, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience writing scripts for software deployment utilities
- Ability to synthesize development team issues into actionable requirements
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Alert Innovation offers a highly competitive salary for each job family and level within the Boston-area market in which we are based. As part of our Power of Truth value we practice salary transparency, so you know you are being compensated fairly relative to other team members performing similar roles in our organization.
Every employee is granted stock options that vest over four years.
Full-time employees receive a generous benefits package starting on your first date of employment:
- No fixed limits on the number of workdays that you can take off for personal reasons, including vacations. You take what you need keeping in mind the demands of your team’s workload.
- 9 Paid Holidays.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K + company match.
- Tuition & work-related training reimbursement programs.
- Employee Assistance Program to assist with emotional health, parenting, eldercare, nutrition, legal and financial consultation needs.
The above list is only a summary of some of our benefits and is not meant to be a comprehensive explanation. To hear more, please visit: https://www.alertinnovation.com/boston-robotics-jobs/
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.