Infrastructure Architect - Site Reliability Engineer
Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, AR
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Cloud Migration & Modernization Migration Architect / Site Reliability Engineer provides technical leadership to the migration architects and other specialists teams involved in the migration projects to support each phase like the assessment/discovery, the planning, the design and the migration execution. The identify the Current Operational Model documentation and define the move method and Future State operation model documentation. They serve as point of contact for client applications and associated migration questions. The Cloud Migration & Modernization Architect / SRE should have a good understanding of application architectures, application dependencies, middleware, databases, containerization (e.g. OpenShift, Kubernetes, …) & Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure or GCP) with related migration tools and approach, leveraging his Agile mindset and applying it effectively.
IBM is making a big bet on cloud and we need people who have a deep technical background expertise in the technologies that will make our customers successful. To be a Cloud Migration and Modernization Architect/SRE at IBM you should be ready to be hands on from technical solutioning, project startup, implementation and project close.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
• Deliverable based driven
• Bi-Lingual (Spanish and English)
• Client Facing Success Driven
• Client Satisfaction Focused
• Strong & Trusted relationships with clients
• Business Growth Passion
• Problem Solver & Creative Thinker
• Desired Outcome Focused
• Diligent and Engaging Communicator
• Timely and Accurate information keeper
• Works without supervision and strong collaboration
• Performs and Balances tasks on multiple concurrent projects across multiple customers
• Understands department/ functional mission and vision
• Exposed to demands of travel and irregular work hours
• Solution creation based on requirements
• Team leader
• Mentoring your peers
• Working with project managers, and platform specialists to drive assessment, discovery, and migrations
• Attend client workshops to articulate scope, method, and approach for the migration, working with subject matter experts to build the migration strategy, co-creating and developing a viable solution
• Assess customer workloads, qualifying applications that are suitable for migration from a business and financial standpoint while developing the high-level statement of work
• Remediate and adapt client architectures to take advantage of the Cloud
• Identifying technical solutions to migration milestones, using best practices and blueprints, in order to guide client teams to implement them
• Support Migration Architect during detailed-planning and creating Migration runbook procedures.
• Validate move success, monitoring tools integration, CI/CD integration, and hand-over after migration execution
• Validate target infrastructure readiness for migration
• Drive the implementation of special migration methods like cluster migration, storage, or data migration
• Drive the migration tool deployment and configuration
• Lead the technical implementation for the migration wave
• Manage the technical architectural contract terms and conditions
• Engage and lead vendor interlock for issues and technical remediation
• Provide technical support and 1st level escalation to the specialists for any technical issues during migration
• Identify automation opportunities to reduce migration effort
• Be a recognized as a technical though leader inside and outside of IBM
• Provided professional services (Design, Deployment, Troubleshooting, Assessment)
• Implementation of clients' technical strategy
• Designed and implemented a compliant design and infrastructures solution meeting delivery criteria
• Increasing the quality, quantity and frequency of client conversations and engagements for project and implementation services opportunities
• Increase the awareness, applicability and value of consulting services with our clients, sales force and delivery organization
• Achieve a “trusted advisor” persona as viewed by our clients, seller and delivery organization
• Instill a sense of urgency and drive to close consulting practice deals
• Maximize the project and architecture practice abilities and capabilities to increase project and solution success
• Leading teams towards an outcome and break down impediments
• Applied Implementation “Hands on” using Methods and/or best practices to deliver Cloud, On-Premises or Hybrid Solution
• Applied Mature Architecture design framework, principles and methodologies (high-level technical design, low-level technical design, and technical solution design integration)
• Applied Migration Solutions (high-level technical design, low-level technical design)
• Applied Journey to Cloud Transformations (to IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) strategies and principles
• Applied Agile principles
• Applied Project Management practices
• Ability to Interpret requirements and create solutions
• Ability to Facilitate workshops
• Managing technical project workstreams to completion
• Ability to articulate key technologies’ impact on cost, capacity, transformation, risk, business enablement and transformation objectives
• Ability to evaluate risk and merit to make recommendations
• Applied Client Facing Ability to understand and provide guidance and recommendations on solutions to address clients’ needs, challenges and transformations
• Evaluate risk and merit to make recommendations on available and speculative information
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
4 to 6 years’ experience of working on software engineering and architecture including application transformation to Cloud-Ready or Cloud-Native.
Experience with application assessment, discovery and move to cloud strategy definition.
Experience (Hands-on) with at least one major cloud provider and/or one platform such as OpenShift or Kubernetes.
Exposure to tools like Carbonite/Double-Take, Zerto, AppZero and other Native tools from Cloud Service Providers.
Understanding of modern application migration and modernization approaches: re-host, re-platform, rearchitecture, etc
Database migration to DBaaS (AWS, Azure, other)
Containerization/Virtualization migration practice (e.g., VMware, Red Hat Virtualization, OpenShift, Kubernetes)
Experience in migrating and modernization of legacy systems and applications.
Scripting languages: Python, Bash, PowerShell.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Database Engines (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Maria, MySQL, etc.).
• Collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking
• Agile frameworks (Scrum, SAFe, …)
• Automation and configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack
• Containerization: Kubernetes, Docker, Openshift, AKS, EKS, GKS
• Monitoring tools: Prometheus, Graphana
• Event Management tools such as: ElasticSearch
• Applied Azure and/or AWS infrastructure engineering and designing skills
• Applied Azure and/or AWS migration solutions
o Azure Cloud Certifications
o AWS Cloud Certifications
o GCP Certifications
o VMware Certifications
o MS Windows Server Fundamentals or equivalent
o IBM AIX, Linux, RHEL, UNIX Fundamentals or equivalent
o Oracle Database Management Fundamentals or equivalent
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible AWS Azure Bash CD Chef CI Docker Elasticsearch GCP Kubernetes Linux MySQL Oracle Prometheus Puppet Python SQL Unix Virtualization VMware Windows
Job region(s): South America