Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
San Jose, California, US
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will work with hardware in developing cloud systems and accessing them. You will help determine client’s needs in order to effectively use cloud computing technology and recommend changes in everything from routers to software. You will evaluate new technologies that are emerging and use the assessments to form recommendations about what technology should be integrated into an existing system.
Key to the role:
• Security consciousness, adhering to the principle of least privilege
• Trustworthiness in autonomy
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Working experience with Git and managed source control services like GitHub
• Confidence within Agile software development teams, including frameworks like Scrum
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, both one-on-one and within a team
• Deep knowledge of various cloud providers
• Solid understanding of orchestration of both public and private cloud
• Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
• Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Demonstrated knowledge of configuration management tools like Ansible or Chef
• Historical experience with CI/CD pipelines and tooling like
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.