Software Engineer, Service Infrastructure, (Frontend Typescript/React)
Pittsburgh, PA and Palo Alto, CA
Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
Meet the team:
The Overwatch team at Argo is responsible for building cloud microservices and their underlying framework to manage and monitor fleets of self-driving vehicles. That includes the ability to visualize all autonomous vehicles on a map, initiate ride requests per vehicle, track critical vehicle metrics and expose all this functionality as partner-facing API’s. We base this functionality on common services and frameworks that could be utilized by all of our cloud-based microservices for enhanced debuggability and productivity. This includes consistent logging, distributed tracing, rate limiting, authentication etc.
What you’ll do:
- As a front-end engineer for the Overwatch team, you’ll help design and build beautiful, intuitive user interfaces for our web applications/tooling
- Design, implement, and enhance products and services that support multiple initiatives to speed the development of the Argo AI autonomy software stack
- Interact with the UX-team and various stakeholders in coming up with a solution
- Leverage your experience and creativity to solve complex problems in an agile-centric environment
- Write robust, highly tested, well-crafted code
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant web development experience
- Experience with React/Redux, or similar frameworks
- Good sense of usability and design in consumer applications
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, gRPC interfaces (HTTP/2)
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with documentation, unit and integration testing
- Strong communication skills to coordinate cross-team efforts and enjoy solving problems that are crucial to the business, impacting the whole organization
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.