Infrastructure Specialist - Cloud Migration & Modernisation
Gorzow Wielkopolskie, Dolnoslaskie, PL
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are currently looking for Infrastructure Specialist- Cloud Migration & Modernization who will join our team to work on projects. If you would like to develop your skills in the Cloud area that’s the right role!
We work in an agile way without stand-by. There is project work only!
We can provide certification path to new technologies: Azure, AWS, Google, IBM Cloud. There is also a very clear career path to IT Architect role.
If you would like to work with application architectures (DevOps, Java, SQL), application dependencies, middleware, databases, containerization (e.g., OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker...) & Cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure or GCP) with related migration tools- apply.
This job ad is for IBM CIC in Wrocław, but work can be done remotely from any place in Poland.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To act as a trusted advisor to manage the application assessment/discovery and decomposition to develop the Current Operational Model documentation.
- To assist the Lead Architect in definition of move method and Future State operation model documentation.
- To serve as point of contact for client applications and associated migration questions.
- To provide technical expertise to the migration architects and other specialists teams involved in the migration projects to support each phase like the assessment/discovery, the planning, the design, and the migration execution.
- Internal and external training and certifications
- Upskilling programs, wide possibilities of skills’ development
- Multisport card
- Private medical package (Medicover) and insurance package
- Fresh fruits in the office
- Cinema, ski, and mountain trips for IBMers
- Holiday camps for children
- Discounts for IBMers (for a wide range of services/products)
- Social Fund benefits
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3-4 years of general IT experience in infrastructure or software engineering
- Understanding cooperation with IT Architects e.g., with processes including application transformation to Cloud-Ready or Cloud-Native
- Experience with application assessment, discovery and move to cloud strategy definition
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider and/or one platform such as OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Exposure to tools like Carbonite/Double-Take, Zerto, AppZero and other Native tools from Cloud Service Providers
- Knowledge of database migration to DBaaS (AWS, Azure, other)
- Experience with Containerization/Virtualization migration (e.g., VMware, Red Hat Virtualization, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in migrating and modernization of legacy systems and applications
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Scripting languages knowledge: Python, Bash, PowerShell.
- Act as an SRE during the migration (e.g., downtime optimization, observability impacts in the source and the target, continuity of application deployment, etc…).
- Motivated to mentor teammates and peers and be mentored by Senior roles.
- Nice to have one cloud certification: AWS, MS Azure or GCP
- Using IBM Garage methodology and other Agile frameworks (Scrum, SAFe, …)
- Automation and configuration management tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible AWS Azure Bash Chef Docker GCP Java Kubernetes Puppet Python SQL Virtualization VMware
Job region(s): Europe