Senior DevOps Engineer, RippleNet
San Francisco, CA, United States
Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented DevOps engineer to help build the next generation payment platform that enables banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
Our customers are global and expect a payments platform that matches their needs and growth. The DevOps function focuses on two main goals - customer satisfaction and developer productivity. As the product scales, the team is tasked with building and maintaining tools that ease development and deployment of our products, as well as ease of support for these products in production.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with wider engineering team on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of important infrastructure services (i.e. deployment, logging, monitoring and alerting)
- Provide input into long-range platform requirements and operational guidelines, with a focus on automation and continuous improvement of Platform Service Composability and availability
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc. to improve organization-wide visibility into how distributed systems interact and perform in production
- Own daily operational goals with the team
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- Design, own and manage reliable CI/CD Pipelines as part of a scalable build infrastructure to maximize engineering velocity and significantly increase our deploy frequency.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems
- Experience working with cloud infrastructures, particularly AWS and/or GCP
- Experience with container schedulers and runtimes such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, etc)
- Experience designing and operating large scale, multi-region service platforms
- Experience with real-time telemetry and tracing tools like Jaeger, DataDog and Prometheus
- Experience building deployment pipelines leveraging common CI/CD tools
- Security awareness, with an emphasis on designing for security best practices
- (Preferred) Good understanding of web applications, microservice architecture, integrating into internal and third party services
- A desire to get the best out of everyone on their team
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance. Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.