IaaS Infrastructure Engineer
Dallas, Texas, US
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Implement and administrate infrastructure and solutions that support the IBM Cloud solutions
- Support the compliance and security integrity of the environment
- Partner with other teams, functional managers and program managers to deliver mission-critical services to the market
- Support development of new and enhance existing capabilities for our compute infrastructure services
- Provide technical escalation support for other Infrastructure Operations teams
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience in data center infrastructure; large-scale infrastructure design, engineering, and support ; IT Change, Incident, Problem, Asset management; infrastructure engineer with proven record for delivering high-quality, large-scale solutions
- Working Experience with Installation (including Kickstart), configuration, maintenance and upgrades of RHEL 7 and RHEL 8 hosts
- Working Experience with Installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrades of the latest Red Hat Satellite 6 releases.
- Working Experience with troubleshooting registration issues (based on client logs, the satellite dashboard and the satellite terminal).
- Working Experience with Chef for host configuration.
- Working Knowledge of enterprise server security and patch management, change management, and Importing/updating manifests.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly responsible, motivated, able to work with little direction
- Ability to understand compliance controls/requirements and implement solutions to address identified gaps
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Chef Infrastructure design
Job region(s): North America