Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equality. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Bucharest to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at GoPro, you will work broadly across the software development lifecycle. We work alongside development teams to design, build, deploy, secure, and monitor systems that support GoPro devices, and customer-facing solutions like our award-winning mobile apps. We work full-stack, deploying on AWS using tools like Kubernetes, Nginx, Puppet, Terraform, CircleCI, and Datadog.
- Collaborate with development teams working on GoPro’s mobile apps, web services, and online shop
- Write and maintain infrastructure-as-code for AWS (we use Terraform, Helm, and Puppet)
- Configure, troubleshoot, and optimize systems built with ECS, EKS, Lambda, RDS, VPC, S3, Cloudfront, API Gateway, ALB, and more.
- Proactively monitor performance and stability of our cloud platform serving a global GoPro consumer base
- Develop automated solutions to ensure the security of our infrastructure and our user’s content
- Automate Kubernetes deployment workflows and operations tasks using Helm, CircleCI, and ArgoCD
- Participate in an on-call rotation shared with our European colleagues in a follow-the-sun model
- Collaborate broadly within GoPro to develop cloud-native solutions to diverse business problems
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 3+ years working with AWS to develop or operate large-scale customer-facing applications
- Significant experience with a configuration management tool such as Chef or Puppet
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a collaborative approach. This is a team-player role.
- Solid Linux system administration, troubleshooting and performance analysis skills
Skills We’re Stoked About
- Experience managing highly-available, customer-facing environments on AWS or another PaaS
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of containerized microservice deployments
- Kubernetes, ECS, or other container orchestration platforms
- Experience with web service operations – incident triage, response, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Python programming (or another high-level language)
- We love generalists. You should have hands-on skills with at least 50% (75% for Senior level) of the following: Apache, Nginx, Memcached, Redis, ElasticSearch, CDNs, Hadoop, Docker, AWS Lambda, Vagrant, Network Analysis Tools, Linux, NFS, Glusterfs, AWS APIs and CLI Tools, EC2 Autoscaling, Ruby, Python, Bash, Jenkins, Haproxy, Git, SVN, DNS, HTTP Headers, HTTP Caching, SSL, RESTFUL APIs, MySQL, PostgreSQL, RDS, Nagios, Graphite, Cassandra, MongoDB, Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Saltstack
- Professional software development experience is a plus
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discretionary Time Off
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave for new parents
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- LiveHealthy gym reimbursement
- Innovative wellness programs
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.