Unix (AIX/Linux) Infrastructure Specialist
Wroclaw, Dolnoslaskie, PL
Currently, we are looking for a Unix (AIX/Linux) Infrastructure Specialist.
European Server Build & Decommission Center was launched in 2018. Our mission is to support European clients in terms of server build & decommission services delivery. The team is a part of a project services organization, which brings us an opportunity to work within an interesting and eclectic infrastructure and projects.
Our Team Is Divided Into
* Server - Wintel / VM Ware
* Server - Unix
* Project Management
We are looking for Unix/Linux specialist to support an IBM external IT infrastructure for multiple Clients from many industries.
You will be responsible for deploying Unix/Linux systems, virtualization, and taking care of the compliant delivery of it.
We are looking for a technician ready to support the processes of automation for server build delivery.
You will be cooperating with different teams, sharing knowledge, learning, and supporting projects
Your Role and Responsibilities
Most Common Activities On The Position
* Provisioning/decommissioning systems – virtual and physical,
* Activation/deactivation according to IBM standards and methodology,
* Developing and maintaining automation solutions in server build area,
* Troubleshooting and cooperation with client Team’s – OS admins, storage, network
* Work within project environment – communication to Project Manager and stakeholders
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Good knowledge of network protocols on all OSI layers;
* Understanding of basic network services;
* Understanding of the Server Hardware on Administrator Level;
* Upper level of Linux (RPM- and DEB- based OS) /AIX administration;
* Good scripting knowledge. Shell/Perl/Python;
*Good knowledge of virtualization technologies KVM/VMware;
* Have knowledge of being familiar with User ID revalidation solutions
* Take end to end ownership received tasks
* 2 years of work experience in a similar position
* Readiness to develop new skills and qualifications
* Very good understanding of English required
* Good communication and team-working skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Nice to have advanced experience/skills/knowledge:
* Ansible experience
* Public Cloud: Microsoft Azure, AWS, IBM Cloud
* Others - We support a very eclectic infrastructure, so let us know!
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible AWS Azure Linux Perl Python Unix Virtualization VMware
Job region(s): Europe