Software Engineer (DevOps)
Remote, US Based
Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Unite Us is seeking an exceptional individual to be part of the cutting-edge Unite Us Engineering platform and contribute to the design and development of our DevOps processes for the organization.
The DevOps team undertakes full responsibility for developing a broad portfolio of highly available, automated, scalable, reliable, and secure systems allowing to improve velocity, quality, performance, and security of how Unite Us develops, delivers, iterates, recovers, and maintains production systems. As the Senior Software Engineer - DevOps, you will contribute to software automation responsible for the implementation of automation-as-a-code across a wide and diverse range of operations including but not limited to solution deployment and update, cluster scale-up, and scale-out, post-disaster recovery, and others.
What You'll Do:
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is tested/easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors
- Anticipates future use cases and makes design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes
- Proactively recommends and pushes forward opportunities to simplify the product and technical design and discusses with the team
- Comfortable collaborating with team members outside of direct team to improve organizational practices and processes
- Mentors their teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner
- Contributes to managing cloud infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps engineering, creating and automating CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and GitHub in lines with DevOps principles and industry best practices
- Proven track record supporting the implementation of DevOps principles and tools within an organization
- Expertise in modern tooling (e.g. JIRA, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Expertise in modern cloud-based infrastructure
- Expertise in development and scripting languages; a strong preference for Ruby
- Expertise in troubleshooting and system administration tasks in Linux and Unix
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Passion for high quality.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in supporting diverse data stores (e.g. PostgreSQL, Neo4j, Elasticsearch, S3, Redshift, etc)
- Experience in security fundamentals
- Experience in networking, coordination, and service discovery
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.