Senior Manager, Data Infrastructure and Data Science
Who we are and what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, and survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious and enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved and well known throughout the world—over 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. And our enterprise-grade products and solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challenges—from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a leader, technical hands-on Sr. Manager- Data Infrastructure & Data Science, who will report to our VP, Data, to join a team of experienced data engineers, data architects, data scientists and data product managers. This is a role in the central data organization at SurveyMonkey that provides insights to all lines of business (Marketing, Sales, Sales operations, Finance and Marketing operations) and all departments (HR, Finance, FP&A)
- You will lead a team within data infrastructure (platform management : Data ingestion tools, ETL tools, Data governance, BI, data prep and data lineage tools ) and Data scientists
- You will develop deep partnerships with Product engineering and upstream data providers to accomplish major measurements, testing, and modeling efforts.
- You will mentor and develop data scientists and analysts to provide essential data/ML products and capabilities
- You will lead lead a team of Data engineers to build scalable fault tolerant ingestion framework to ingest these data in streaming and batch mode and land in the data lake
- Establish Service level agreements and data contracts with upstream data teams to ensure 99.99% uptime of the ingestion pipelines
- 7+ years of machine learning, advanced analytics, or data science experience
- 5+ years of management experience leading data & analytics teams
- Experience in SQL, Python, and data science, analytics AI, and machine learning products and capabilities
- On-call : experience managing SRE - site reliability engineers to support data engineering and platform operations and perform incident management).
- In-depth knowledge of Datalakes, EDW concepts, data modeling (snowflake and galaxy schemas)
- Experience in Cloud (AWS) for data & ML applications and modern data processing frameworks such as Spark or similar.
- Graduate degree in computer science, or equivalent
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.