Senior/Lead DevOps Engineer
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Position title - DevOps- Senior/Lead Engineer
As a DevOps Senior engineer / lead you are responsible for Designing, implementing, Automating, Deploying, Monitoring and Administrating the infrastructure and applications on Azure/ on premise SAAS-N environment.
You will lead daily tasks and activities of multiple team members, responsible for their missions, supporting, guiding and mentoring in a technical aspect.
You will be scripting in a various common language such as Lambda, PowerShell, etc.
You will explore and learn open source tools, working closely with R&D application teams.
The ideal candidate has the following experience.
- Excellent scripting (e.g. PowerShell\Python) and automation skills.
- Strong background knowledge on Windows\Linux Administration.
- Strong hands-on experience working with Azure environment, including automation with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Must have excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- The position requires to work extra hours as needed.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Managing configurations across virtual machines and ensuring configuration drift is minimal
- Optimizing deployment times by automating the build, test , patch and scaling of the platform through scripts
- Review, analyze and recommend solutions and tools to improve the software development process
- Develop and support the app build pipeline (cutting, tagging, and maintaining branches etc)
- Select, deploy, administer and support 3rd party tools as needed, like Jenkins Jobs/Plugins/Settings and Integration through CI/CD platform
- Trace complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component environment
- Develop, maintain and enhance key parts of the release procedures and processes
- Documentation skills to deliver reports and architecture documents to customers and auditors
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- Minimum 4 years experience working as a hands-on DevOps or CloudOps engineer with:
- Web application installations, upgrades, and deployment as well as any servers/systems that support/host web application
- Configuration management and release engineering
- One or more continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins , terraform or other integrated automation tools
- Knowledge of using docker , Kubernetes is a must
- Technical background, Analytical, and Problem-solving skills are required
- Knowledge and experience with configuration management systems is valuable
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills