Lead Infrastructure Security Engineer
New York or Remote
- Integrity: Doing the right things for the right reasons
- Agility: Adapting and thriving in a dynamic environment
- Teamwork: Combining our strengths to do amazing things
- Passion: Channeling enthusiasm to drive excellence
- Creativity: Unleashing curiosity to defy the norm
The Lead Infrastructure Security Engineer will play a crucial role in guiding, maturing, and continuously improving our enterprise-wide security services and zero trust identity & access management program to ensure our business, systems, and data are well-protected. We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated leader to steer and grow our technical, administrative, and physical security controls that directly protect 1010data’s critical assets. This position will report directly to the Director of Information Security who is responsible for 1010data’s security program and strategy.
As a hands-on player-coach, you will establish a vision and strategy for infrastructure security and influence the enterprise security architecture. You will lead planning and execution of related projects and tasks. We are looking for deep expertise in two or three of the following focus areas: cloud security, application security, virtualization security, security solutioning, security engineering, and identity & access management. You will need to bring strong technical and people leadership capabilities and have the ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment.What you will take on:
- Collaboratively work with a vendor, clients, 1010data employees, and contractors to implement and integrate security solutions and services.
- Conduct daily operations and management of security infrastructure and leading personnel responsible for IT infrastructure management.
- Responsible for engineering data security and compliance controls, solutions, and services throughout the data security lifecycle for environments.
- Develop and maintain security infrastructure documentation, KPIs, KRIs, runbooks, playbooks, standards, policies, procedures, guidelines, and SOPs.
- Integrate current and emerging security policies, instructions, and regulations into the 1010data architecture.
- Investigate, tailor, recommend and implement architectural and procedural Information security and zero trust best practices.
- Document results in technical briefings, reports, and present results to key stakeholders.
- Have an advanced understanding of security, hybrid cloud security, security infrastructure, and networking, application security best practices. With an excellent understanding of security between layers 2 to 7 of the OSI model.
- Documenting risk findings and lead initial risk mgmt. discussions with experts and risk owners.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of IT experience and 5+ years of experience in security infrastructure, network security, application security, or some combination of implementing security throughout layers 2 to 7.
- Keen attention to detail and team-oriented with the ability to work within a collaborative and matrixed environment. Can demonstrate skills in networking topologies, security technologies, and solutions.
- Desired to lead network security, cloud security, application security, and other related security areas that would apply to a senior security engineer.
- Expert level experience with modern security engineering of platforms and services to include a detailed understanding of current security offerings from leading cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and their applicability to securing our SaaS business model, enterprise environment, and security strategy.
- Ability to engineer and implement security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth, zero trust, etc.).
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 10+ years with relevant security experience.
- Excellent combination of related security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CEH, CCSK, CCSP, etc.), security/IT degree B.S. lvl or higher, and experience.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Okta, and OS 365 cloud services.
For more than 20 years, 1010data has helped financial, retail and consumer goods customers monitor shifts in consumer demand and market conditions and rapidly respond with highly targeted strategies. The 1010data Insights Platform combines market intelligence, data management, granular enterprise analytics, and collaboration capabilities to empower better business outcomes. More than 900 of the world’s foremost companies’ partner with 1010data to power smarter decisions.
You can find this on the Company page of 1010data at https://1010data.com/company/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.