Remote DevOps Technical Support Manager
Remote - La Plata, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
DevOps Manager - is a newly created position due to Caylent's growth. You will be responsible for creating a new department and managing a new team that handles this additional DevOps product offering at Caylent.
We are serious about continuous uptime, monitoring and alert response for our clients in Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, and Serverless environments.
Your hours will be USA EST Monday - Friday. You will manage the Caylent After Hours Site Availability Response Team. You will also create a cohesive team plan and process to support our client's after hour needs. You will grow the support engineer team and improve all processes as we board more clients. Your daily duties will include Caylent team face time, client face time, deployment, monitoring, support of applications and services, and team scheduling.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage, mentor, train and schedule the remote team that works in various shifts in different time zones to include hiring, performance management,coaching and career development
- Establish and manage client coverage and schedules for global staff
- Technical design and ownership of the monitoring and alerting stack
- Choose and integrate the tools for your department to manage work
- Perform monitoring/alerting readiness assessments and ensure appropriate work backlogs are generated for changes required to set customers and their applications up for success
- Ongoing development and improvement of our offering(s) focused on customer site availability and platform incident response, reports as needed
- Participate in new client kickoff meetings
- Provide daily client update reports
- Professional level of English Fluency
- A minimum of two years as an IT Manager (or similar)
- Management of Support Engineers
- Two plus years responsible for managing the process of monitoring and alerting of production workloads, on-call schedules, escalation trees, and afterhours team
- Team communication through these channels (Phone, Video, Chat, Email, Tickets - Jira)
- Expertise with at least one Alert Management tool (Pagerduty, OpsGenie, AlertOps, VictorOps)
- Expert with monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch, Nagios, MRTG, Zabbix, SolarWinds, WhatsUp
- Intermediate level or higher level experience Linux Systems Administration Fundamentals
- Intermediate experience managing Cloud infrastructure in AWS
- Intermediate experience in the fundamentals of containers and Docker
- Intermediate or higher knowledge level of remote systems management using OpenSSH
- Strong understanding of Linux logging subsystems
- Troubleshooting and managing Linux services (Intermediate)
- Understanding of DNS fundamentals
- Experience working with wiki-based or markdown-based documentation tools (Intermediate)
- Intermediate to Advanced Systems Administrator experience
- Linux/Unix systems
- AWS Cloud or AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification
- Linux/Unix Shell Scripting
- Kubernetes fundamentals
- Prometheus and/or Grafana
- Knowledge of managing any specific AWS Managed Services including, but not limited to: ECS, EKS, S3, Elasticsearch, Cloudwatch, EC2 Auto-Scaling Groups, Route53, Cloudwatch Logs
- Hands-on experience of one or more CI/CD or Build/Release tool
- IP Networking fundamentals
- Git for version control
- Terraform or any other infrastructure-as-code
- 100% remote position with option to lease shared work space
- Paid in USD
- Generous holidays and Unlimited paid time off
- Bonus payout for each new certification
- Paid for exams and certifications
- Work with cutting-edge technology - NO legacy systems!
- Paid online continuing training
- Internal training
- Sophisticated Internal library
- Individual professional development plan
- Free English Courses
- Fun corporate events
- DevOps & cloud community-centric corporate culture including Meetups, Conferences etc.
Caylent is a specialty Consultant and DevOps/Cloud Managed Services provider (DevOps-as-a-Service) with an emphasis on Kubernetes to software-enabled companies, mostly high-growth software startups. Our clients rely on Caylent engineers to architect, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting.
Part of our value proposition is that we structure our relationships with clients as real partnerships, where we become part of their team and share in their challenges and successes. That means every Caylent engineer is client-facing. Our engineers love the challenge of working on new stuff every single day without the corporate headaches.
You will construct and plan joint backlogs, kickoff new client engagements, perform daily tasks, participate in standups, sprint planning/retrospectives, and more. You will be semi-autonomous while managing a busy schedule, meeting deadlines, and setting proper expectations with our clients.
Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals. Foster an environment of shared learning, promote DevOps principles, and embrace the cultural aspect of the DevOps movement in a team environment.
We are only as good as each person’s contribution to the delivery. Enormous effort is put forth into nurturing each employee’s career development, professional curiosity, technical innovation, and client interaction. If these things matter to you, read on, and apply.
NOTE: Not able to provide sponsorship.