Senior System Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The IT Infrastructure team operates all networks, servers, and storage platforms used to deliver services to Agoda’s customers. We support every product within the company, working with a wide range of systems and technology stacks. As part of the IT Infrastructure team, you’ll be working with over 25,000 server instances, one of the largest OpenStack private clouds in Asia, sophisticated Kubernetes-based compute engines, and a data platform capable of transporting and ingesting millions of data messages per second. Each of these opportunities - coupled with an open work environment - are a great way to gain experience on a modern and dynamic platform, constantly evolving to adapt to changes in the business landscape.
Our infrastructure team in Bangkok is searching for an experienced Senior System Engineer to help us build and manage our infrastructure. We are looking for somebody with hands-on experience in infrastructure system lifecycle management, writing scripts and tools to development to interface with the system management APIs exposed by OpenStack, Ceph, Kubernetes, etc.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Manages and operates the internal platform systems (OpenStack, Kubernetes, internal configuration management and deployment tools)
- Design and develops automation toolsets to help drive efficiency in Agoda’s IT infrastructure (bare metal deployment, software installation/patching, monitoring and remediation, etc.).
- Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of cloud-based production system, including public cloud and related platforms such as GCP, AWS, Azure.
- Conducts performance tuning and troubleshooting investigations, working across the entire organization
- Provide expert advice and guidance to other infrastructure team staff and software developers; can effectively mentor less experiences staff.
- Lead and manage implementation projects from end to end, working across multiple team and departments.
- Manage incidents and daily operational tasks on production and development environments, occasionally outside of business hours
- Coordinate datacenter operations tasks with remote DCOE staff (server/rack/row/cage provisioning, rolling replacements, power & temperature management, etc.)
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- We require at least 5 years of IT operations experience with Windows and Linux servers in large environments.
- Practical knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker or OpenStack operations and APIs will be highly advantageous
- A dev-ops background with experience in CI/CD procedures would be of advantage
- Practical experience selecting, deploying and managing HPE servers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, capable to break down issues into testable hypotheses and develop tools to assist during troubleshooting. Can troubleshoot “full stack” issues
- Good knowledge of networking architecture within complex e-commerce environments
- High sense of ownership. Actively looks for lingering problems and proactively fixes them
- Good English skills, strong analytical skills, eager to learn new things
- Able to work under pressure and deliver projects on time.
- Self-motivated, approachable, adaptable, with have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Experience with Scrum methodology & techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda is proud to be a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/.