Cloud Architect - Wellington
Wellington, Wellington, NZ
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Pre-Sales: The ability to align our services with customers’ business requirements
- Consulting: Partake in and deliver paid consulting engagements to IBM’s customers.
- Architecture and Design: Excellent architectural and design skills will help ensure our technical solutions are aligned to customer’s business requirements. TOGAF certification desirable.
- Project Delivery: Lead and support engineers in the delivery of major projects
- Technical Delivery Management: Work closely with the TDM’s to drive strategy and governance within our contracted customer environments.
As one of our Consulting Architects, you will be able to:
- Consult with a variety of clients, across multiple domains and situations
- Provide thought leadership, technical expertise and architectural advice
- Mitigate risk and the business impact of technical recommendations or decisions
- Form and grow long-term trusted advisor relationships with clients
- Share your knowledge and expertise with the wider business and potentially deliver training
- Participate internally within IBM, mentor others and contribute to the ongoing development of services we provide
- Provide technical leadership in client engagements, and be able to execute Cloud-related tasks
- What we are looking for
- 5+ years' proven experience in Cloud and Solution Architecture
- Strong technical and analytical skills (Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS etc..), Linux, Service Virtualisation, Networks, Dev Ops)
- Demonstrated experience with the following;
- Hybrid Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Proven experience in the design, build and support of complex and large scale Public Cloud infrastructure environments
- Hands-on experience with Cloud LAN/WAN network technologies
- Knowledge of RESTful Web Services, XML, JSON
- Infrastructure as Code: design and security, configuration management, integration, deployment, performance monitoring and tuning, automation of infrastructure
- Excellent understanding of typical multi-tier architectures: web servers, caching, application servers, load balancers, and storage
- You must also have a high level of communication and relationship management skills, along with the ability to think outside the box and influence others.
- A good fit to our company and the client work that we do. This means; teammate, sharing what you know, ethical, driven to make a difference, curious, confident without being arrogant
- Ideally you will also have experience in migrating and transforming workloads into IaaS, PaaS and SaaS – such as Azure and AWS – with a focus on change management across People, Processes and Platforms
- Understanding and experience in DevOps and CI/CD
- A ‘can do’ attitude with a hybrid of a hands-on and consulting approach to customer solutions
- An understanding of the fundamentals and importance of good architectural decisions
In return for your skills and experience, you will get to join a business that has an impeccable reputation for providing stellar consulting services, work with some of the best in their field and be a part of our team who are fully inclusive. Our clients know us as a consultancy that breeds success through investing in our team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Azure CD CI Linux
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific