Infrastructure Specialist - SAP
Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Region De, BE
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Technology Consulting & Implementation Services (TC&IS) is a business within IBM that is focused on advising and implementing solutions that lead our clients through digital disruptions within their business.
The TC&IS ambition is to grow market share and become the trusted cognitive and hybrid cloud leader in the industry.
We are the professionals who advise, design, build, migrate and transform the foundational IT systems and services that the world relies on.
Within TC&IS, you will be joining the Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Practice.
The mission of HCI is to deliver and generate revenue in Cloud and Legacy project-based technology, in implementing and integrating services for our clients in the hybrid multi cloud space.
Join us, as we identify opportunities and co-create the IT and technology future with our clients.
You will be joining an enthusiastic organization of IT Architects and IT Specialists and you will be part of an international, global organisation.
As a SAP specialist you will have a great opportunity to design, analyze, configure and migrate various SAP workloads from traditional datacenters to Cloud or between any of those.
You will perform source landscape discovery analysis, create design, propose the most eligible configuration of the source environment, perform the migration and eventually process the migration steps incl. re-platforming of the underlying operating systems.
Your day to day activities will include:
- Able to collaborate with clients and have a strong desire to excel and be committed to gaining exposure to multiple industries while further developing your career
- Operational / design experience on SAP basis
- Discovery of productional landscapes in source environments
- Installation and creation of infrastructure in the target environments
- Working in larger international teams of project managers, and other technical SMEs
- Have an excellent cooperation with the customer
- You are reliable contact person for the projects
- Drive design, configuration, troubleshooting, and support for infrastructure
- Proactively maintains tools for monitoring and support
- You optimize the automation methods and develop them further
- Willingness to ensure smooth operation for the customer (call readiness, occasional weekends and public holidays)
- Teamwork, independent working, customer orientation and a sure appearance
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Senior / expert level of overall IT systems administration experience
- 5+ Operational / design experience on SAP basis
- Expert skills on SAP HANA
- Orientation in public cloud offerings by various vendors with regards to SAP workloads (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform “GCP”, ...)
- Availability to work during out-of-office hours
- Resistance to stress, initiative taking, and team-player skills in a multi-cultural environment are a must
- Respect of strict processes is mandatory, and respect of target dates is essential
- This person will be based in IBM offices in Belgium and if required work at customer locations in Belgium / Luxemburg
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- SAP Native / Enterprise HANA
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform Analytics / API Library
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud and Digital Boardroom
- SAP SLT
- HANA Predictive Analytics Engine (PAL)
- HANA XS Engine
- SQL Script Procedures
- HANA Data Modeling techniques and HANA Studio
- Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple team members with confidence
- Potential and ability to manage small engagements or work streams within large engagements
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting and problem-solving
- Understanding of SAP Application architecture, processes, and configurations
- Ability to identify opportunities to optimize performance of existing BW design for reporting and analytics
- Experience creating and documenting functional and technical specifications
- Certified in SAP HANA
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Azure GCP Google Cloud Platform SQL
Job region(s): Europe