Infrastructure Specialist-Hybrid Cloud Projects (Windows) BP and SFV
Budapest, Budapest, HU
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is responsible for building, decommissioning or transforming complex computer systems, applications and/or distributed systems in a multi vendor environment as per the IT project requirement. Also responsible for ensuring proper operations of systems and subsystems and supporting to solve arising issues.
General job role responsibilities:
- Deliver tasks for Windows server systems as outlined in the IT project plan under the coordination of the project manager
- Proactively perform checking and monitoring of server systems and subsystems
- Ensures systems and subsystems are set up and configured according to client requirements
- Follows required procedures and uses tooling to manage changes, issues and incidents
- Follows procedures to ensure systems are meeting client/regulatory/IBM compliance requirements
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by his / her superior.
- Obtains assistance from more experienced colleagues from the team, if needed
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- · build/decommission windows systems, executes migration actions
· understand and able to execute required actions in a complex IT infrastructure, often involving multiple virtualization/cloud technologies
· Proactively identifies possible risks, proposes technical workarounds and consults with the Project Manager,
· Support planning and install of new operating system releases to maintain software currency.
· Plan and install upgrades/new software, including some local customization.
· Support planning and installation of system software patches to fix identified problems.
· Manage system & software configurations (via change control)
· Manage clusters
· Manage Filesystems ·
· Fine-tune systems/software to improve performance
· Ensure that backups (mksysb and filesystem) of services are taking place as required - resolve any errors
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Additional requirements (not mandatory)
- knowledge of VMware/other virtualization products
- understanding of cloud offerings (MS Azure, AWS etc)
- relevant external certifications
- Knowledge in Microsoft related technologies like AD / Exchange server administration, SCCM
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Azure Virtualization VMware Windows
Job region(s): Europe