Cloud Infrastructure Migration & Modernization Architect - IBM CIC
Lille, Nord, FR
Cloud Infrastructure Migration & Modernization Architect is responsible for defining strategy, architecture, solution and implementing a robust, scalable, pragmatic and realistic cloud solution to modernize and migrate different types of systems, applications and data between data centers, cloud providers, etc. smoothly with no or very less impact to business continuity. The architect should have a good understanding of infrastructure such as network, storage (SAN/DAS/NAS, Object Storage, Cloud Storage, etc.), database, virtualization (e.g. VMware, Red Hat Virtualization, Hyper-V,...) , containerization (e.g. OpenShift, Kubernetes, ...) & Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud-Platform “GCP”, IBM Cloud, ...)
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Provide technical thought leadership to innovate and build differentiating assets in migration and modernization of platforms (e.g. OS, middleware, DB, applications, containers, …) in on-prem and cloud environments
- Design and build reusable solutions that can be implemented to migrate and modernize infrastructures (physical, virtual and container-based) and application within or across data centers (i.e. on-prem, private cloud, public cloud, dedicated cloud or hybrid cloud)
- Responsible to collect and analyze the client's technical and business requirements, along with current IT and cloud environments
- Work closely with the solution design teams in developing client presentations and Statements of Work (SOW)
- Define discovery, planning and migration strategy and approach
- Design migration facility and create migration patterns
- Create migration Low Level Design (LLD)
- Create Work Instructions / Run Books for migration events
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5-7 years of experience as IT/Cloud architect involved in complex technical projects (sales>development architecture,conception>set-up)
- Certifications:MS Certified Azure Administrator Associate (AZ 104),AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (SAA-C01 or SAA-C02),Google Cloud Engineer,IBM Certified Architect (Cloud Solutions)
- Large Cloud (incl. data centers) transformation and IT infrastructure design and architecture
- Experience in migrating infrastructures and apps:Like-for-Like,lift & shift hardware,VM migration,storage migration amounting to peta bytes of data; re-install /refresh,re-platform&re-architecture workloads
- Experience with leading virtualization platforms (VMware,Hyper-V,OpenStack..)
- Experience with APIs and microservices is essential
- Provisioning tools (IaC)
- Automation and configuration management:Terraform,AWS CloudFormation..
- Migration:RackWare,AppZero,VMWare VMotion,AWS CloudEndure,Azure Migrate
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in enterprise network security engineering and design
- Possess and effectively apply technical and analytical expertise while balancing competing requirements
- Intellectually curious and dedicated to life-long learning – able to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to solve complex problems while effectively communicating technical concepts
- Motivated to mentor teammates and peers
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Nice to have experience on one of the containerization platforms, such as: Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, EKS, GKS, AKS
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Azure CloudFormation GCP Infrastructure design Kubernetes OpenStack Python Terraform Virtualization VMware
Job region(s): Europe