Cloud Engineer (GCP)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Contino is a global technology transformation consultancy built on crafting solutions for people by people. Our people (aka Contini’s) are who we are and as a team we have delivered some outstanding transformations around the globe, with some of the world’s leading organisations.
These innovations have made everyday tasks such as banking, traveling and purchasing products online easier which we think is pretty cool!
No matter what the situation we are guided by our 4 values “One Team”, “Own It”, “Seek Solutions” and “Deliver Value”. We are dedicated to these values daily, ensuring everyone feels accomplishment in whatever they do.
From a technology standpoint we specialise in the following:
- Cloud platform build and migration
- Enterprise DevOps transformation
- DevSecOps and cloud security
- Cloud-native software development
- Data platforms and analytics
Contino are currently looking for a Cloud Engineer with strong GCP or multi-cloud skills, which will see you build solutions for some cutting edge projects with some of Australia's largest enterprises. You will be involved with clients from both a technical and mentoring perspective, partnering with them to not only uplift their environment but to up-skill them as well. This is a fantastic opportunity if you wish to continue to learn and develop alongside some of the best minds in the industry working across multiple projects.
As to the type projects that you will work on will vary from client to client so will the tech stack, below are some of the technologies we work on with the more of the following you know, the better:
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- IaC (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Containerisation and orchestration (Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Strong programming skills (Python, Java, Bash, Go, Node.js)
- CI/CD pipeline experience
- Methodologies (TDD, BDD, Agile, Lean, DevOps)
- If you've got experience with any other tools, we'd love to hear about them too.
Key technologies required to be successful in this role:
- GCP GKE running windows containers
- CI/CD pipelines and manage node pools
When you are not delivering outstanding value to our clients, you will have the chance to provide thought leadership to the technical communities by speaking at MeetUps and writing blogs, which will enable you to stand out as a leader in this competitive industry.
What we offer you
Currently, the number one focus within Contino evolves around investing in our people, with benefits such as:
- A generous annual personal learning and development budget to support your career growth
- Offices across the world, opening up opportunities for you globally
- Paid parental leave, to ensure you have the support you need during one of life's most meaningful events
- Pick your own tech before you start - laptop, accessories and endless swag
- Community, health and wellbeing initiatives throughout the year
- Opportunities to attend various tech conferences, summits etc.
Continis are technologists, foodies, petrol heads, musicians, sports fans, coders, gamers, runners, cyclists, public speakers, introverts, martial artists, watch collectors, and many more. We have a huge variety of people working for us which means you’ll be sure to find a group of people you love coming to work with. We also offer an attractive referral scheme, so bring your mates along for the ride too! So how do I join?
Our hiring process
- You like what you see on this job ad, and are keen to hear more.
- You apply (via Seek.com, LinkedIn, or email your CV to talent).
- You have a phone call with one of our Talent Team.
- We send you a technical challenge depending on your skillset (cloud, data, infra, DevOps)
- You have an interview with some of our technical staff and directors in a 2 stage process
- You are offered and accept the job
- You join the rocket ship, the sky is the limit
We also host regular meetups and run social events including team outings, lunch and learns, sports, team breakfast, back to base and more (currently all ran virtually).
Contino is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.