Infrastructure Architect Network
Budapest, Budapest, HU
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Within the IBM Client Innovation Centre our professionals offer high level engineering consultation service and ensure the operation of business critical IT systems of different customers.
We are seeking experienced network architects to join the an existing architect team and lead various projects of the customers.
The following list of activities identify the typical, primary tasks:
• Maintain the overall network architecture and future roadmap
• Define WAN/LAN strategy and determine network reference architecture to support both current and future business needs
• Design/ Build/ Support/ Administer and Maintain Network Infrastructure – LAN/WAN Cisco Routers, Switches, Nexus
• Design/ Build/ Support /Administer and Maintain wireless network infrastructure
• Design / Build/ Support and Maintain an AWS, cloud network infrastructure
• Design/ Build/ Support and Maintain IPSec VPN Tunnels
• Collaborate with fellow IT teams to translate business requirements into technical solutions to meet client business needs
• Support Security, Authentication, Encryption using TACAS, RADIUS
• Plan core network augmentation strategies to support new software and predict requirements
The major responsibilities - support & maintain existing infrastructure as well as integrate, design and implement future technologies.
Other responsibilities include:
• Providing 3rd level technical support for complex problems in an operational environment;
• Participate in inter-departmental projects;
• Recommending alternative solutions, priorities, systems hardware/software, design changes and improvements;
• Performing off-hours work to support customer changes;
• Managing problems to resolution using defined process flow;
• Implementing changes using defined change management protocol;
• Performing additional responsibilities as assigned;
• Be willing to travel for projects as needed.ed by his / her superior.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10+ year of experience in Network Engineering, Design, Implementation of WAN/LAN
• Deep domain expertise in networking, network security and public/private clouds
• CISCO ASA, CISCO Routers, CISCO Switches- Nexus and Stack
• F5 Load Balancers
• Various routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
• Operating in modern cloud environment such as AWS, GSP, Azure and large-scale data centers
• Experience in AEROHIVE
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5+ years of experience as an Enterprise Architect
• CISCO VIPTELA SD-WAN design and implementation experience
• Palo Alto Network Firewall
• Service Now experience
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Azure
Job region(s): Europe