Senior Platform Engineer
San Francisco, CA
GoSite creates simplified technology for the small businesses that drive America’s economy. Our software empowers them to have everything they need in one place to connect with their customers in the digital era. Our cloud based suite of mobile and web tools transforms the way our customers run their business, on the go and everywhere.
GoSite is proud to hold the honors and awards from several industry leaders and community partnerships. GoSite is a 2020 award winner of the Inc. 500 Best Places to Work in the US, 2019 SDBJ Best Places to Work, 2019 SDVG Cool Company, 2017 and 2018 SDBJ Top 100 Fastest Growing Company, and two time award winner of the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Company in the US. Additionally, check out our Comparably page for 2019 and upcoming 2020 awards to include accolades of diversity, leadership and training.
GoSite is rapidly expanding and excited to be in search of a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team of talented and passionate engineers. GoSite has a cloud-native infrastructure that is built on top of AWS services.This person will be the very first full-time DevOps engineer to come and help us design, develop and support our entire cloud infrastructure. We are looking for candidates who have solid experience working with cloud technologies, have a strong sense of ownership and can thrive in a fast paced and distributed environment with little supervision.
- Build highly available and scalable cloud native services and solutions using AWS.
- Design and implement a modern CI/CD pipeline.
- Design and implement an efficient way that empowers the development team to build, test, provision cloud infrastructure and release code to staging and production autonomously.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the developer pain points and continually improve the development workflow.
- Provide best practices and solutions around automation, build, release and virtualization.
- Design and implement modern cloud-based monitoring and logging solutions.
- Troubleshoot and debug infrastructure, network and operating system issues.
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps engineering.
- Solid understanding of AWS.
- Deep understanding and practical experience with Git, automation around building, testing and releasing software.
- Expert experience with at least one of the following infrastructure-as-code technologies: Terraform, CloudFormation and AWS CDK.
- Expert experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef.
- Expert experience with AWS and Docker, experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Must have a solid understanding of best practices around managing security in the cloud.
- Must be a firm believer in documentation over tribal knowledge.
- Must have a strong desire to automate!
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company stock options
- Generous personal time / vacation + sick time + paid holidays + paid birthday
- 401k with company match
- Company paid monthly gym or ClassPass membership
- Free snacks, beverages, catered meals and happy hour events
- Open concept and modern work environment
- An inclusive, tight knit, exciting start-up environment culture that offers accelerated career & personal growth
GoSite is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at GoSite are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.