Staff Software Engineer - DevOps
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Are you a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) or DevOps leader with a passion to transform, automate, and optimize delivery? Do you enjoy being hands on and driving initiatives for Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, automated pipelines with automated testing?
We are on a mission to elevate healthcare through superior analytics, processes, and engineering. WellSky is seeking a Director of Engineering, SRE for our Austin team who can be a force multiplier, empowering teams with new tools and processes to improve the quality and speed with which we innovate.
Our users are Patients, Doctors, Nurses, Social Workers, Chaplains, Administrators, and many others on the front lines of healthcare and community services. We touch the lives of real people navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Lead developer of infrastructure as code, responsible for the successful deployment, release, and run time reliability of our SaaS solutions including troubleshooting production issues and managing incident response
- Optimizing the delivery pipeline, automate and improve deployments, monitoring, and performance, including improving security, performance, and availability
- Working with delivery leaders and teams to instill best practices in application and infrastructure designs, building with reliability and operations in mind.
- Defining the operational strategy and roadmap for an SRE program, including building optimizing existing systems, optimizing deployments, and eliminating work through automation.
- Providing hands-on guidance, coaching, and mentoring of SRE Managers and SREs, including hands-on technical guidance and leadership in full stack development
- Understanding the business value, market strategy, architecture, performance, risks, etc to provide recommendations that best support the roadmap, focusing on increasing customer satisfaction
- Encouraging innovation, outside-the-box thinking, teamwork; and a mindset of continuous improvement.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5 years or equivalent experience as a Team lead and/or Architect supporting high availability systems and deploying, managing, and optimizing large-scale, mission critical SaaS Solutions in a face paced environment
- 5 years of work experience within / across Site Reliability or DevOps, with extensive experience in CI//CD and build pipelines
- 5 years’ experience in operations, including defining and implementing infrastructure designs to support large-scale systems
- 5 years of full stack development experience with a proven ability to design, code, edit, and debug computer programs efficiently, including automating tests as appropriate; showing a strong understanding of software development processes and best practices
- 5 years’ experience with cloud based hosting and related tools (e.g. AWS and Azure)
- Proven experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Golang, and Atlantis)
Do you stand above the rest?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences, or other STEM related majors
- CI/CD setup and tuning (esp. Azure DevOps Pipelines or Jenkins)
- Container Based Development (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Istio)
- Code deployment tools (e.g Ansible, Puppet and/or Chef).
- AWS experience, specifically: EC2, EKS, ECR, RDS, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation
- OS Automation & Administration Experience: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 or higher), Windows Server 2016 or higher.
- Development of Java, C# and/or .Net Core API applications with Angular front-ends
Connect with Ideas That Truly Matter!
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.