Mr D Food - DevOps & Security Manager
Mr D Food, SA’s leading food delivery service, is looking for a highly talented Devops & Security Manager to join our team in Cape Town
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard- working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The DevOps & Security Manager will build and operate large-scale systems to ensure security, high availability, and scalability of the Mr D Food platform.
The position reports to the VP of Engineering.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage and expand the core DevOps team to support and grow the DevOps environment working closely with cross functional teams like Platform and App Engineering, Quality Assurance and Product.
- Oversee recruitment and development of the DevOps team
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering, Tech Leads and Senior Engineers to deliver a clear technology infrastructure strategy to support highly available, scalable and reliable products and services
- As a senior technology leader, ensure industry best practice is being adopted in terms of Infrastructure Architecture, Scalability, Defensive Security, Continuous Delivery and Integration, 3rd-level Support and Infrastructure Test automation.
- Take ownership of all infrastructure and DevOps for the team and ensure that all work meets user, business and scale objectives, is delivered on time, to budget and to the quality standards agreed.
- Complete ownership of Infrastructure and Platform Security, deploying, operating, and monitoring SIEM, IPS/IDS, expanding security auditing and monitoring capabilities.
- Mentoring and coaching security within the organization, working with Engineering to secure code, consulting on implementations, running and coordinating Red Team scenarios.
- Monitoring for and Responding to Platform Technical and Security incidents within SLA’s
- Leadership experience as a technical lead, team lead, or manager
- 8+ years of progressive DevOps engineering experience
- 2+ years of DevOps & Security leadership experience
- Have worked closely with Product Managers, Tech Leads, Engineering Managers, and Operations roles to deliver secure high performance; highly available and resilient applications and infrastructures
- Strong interpersonal communication and diplomacy skills, as well as a passion for leading
- A Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong hands-on technical experience, knowledge, and understanding of:
- Delivering web applications on cloud providers such as AWS
- Configuration Management and automation, and Infrastructure as Code (Cloudformation)
- Experience with ECS, Kubernetes, Docker (or containers in general)
- CI/CD practices and tools
- APM and Visualisation tools
- Ethical hacking and defensive systems (SIEM, IDS/IPS, Canaries, Fail2Ban, etc.)
- Experience with Linux administration (Processes, Networking, Disks, Security)
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Experience with NoSQL databases a plus
- Information Technology /Computer Science Degree OR a Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
The following experience will be advantageous
- Ability to write code (we use Python)
- Experience with Kafka, AWS SQS, SNS
- Experience with Build Systems (AWS CodeBuild)
- Experience with security frameworks such as NIST
- Employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of being the leading food delivery player in South Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it is all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
- We seek to Employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours)
- is passionate about delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for Mr D Food
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Mr D Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference