Principal Site Reliability Engineer (Principal SRE) (Bangkok based, relocation provided)
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Posted 1 month ago
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
Software Engineer in SRE is a part of data team who developing solutions for analytic production incidents, we are working close with our DevOps engineers, NOC, QA, and service owners to improve system reliability with an emphasis on safe deployment and monitoring with anomaly detection technique.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Help establish and apply SRE best practices, standards and policies in hybrid cloud environments with hybrid workloads where both VMs and containers are used
- Develop systems to prevent outages through automatic detection and remediation
- Increase observability of system health to improve availability and system uptime
- Providing guidance and expertise to the team
- Influence, design and create new architectures, standards and methods for large-scale enterprise systems
- Document and present methodologies to operations, engineering and executive teams
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- SRE or SWE experience developing or running large scale online/hybrid services
- Experience with monitoring systems, tracing and observability to manage large scale systems and 24x7 availability
- Experience with building and maintaining application stacks in a Cloud or Hybrid Cloud environment
- Great coding skills in a modern programming language (preferably Python/Go)
- Passion for learning cutting-edge technologies and automating large scale processes
- Software architecture design skills for maintaining High Availability and Fault Tolerance
- Practical experience in managing and leading application reliability practices
- Working understanding of IT service management (Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge management)
- Passion for coaching, teaching, mentoring and learning
It's Great if you have:
- Experience with monitoring/alert tools or platforms
- Experience working with Container orchestration (preferably Kubernetes)
- Experience with Hashicorp tools (Consul / Vault)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/.
#sydney #melbourne #perth #paris #london #tokyo #dhaka #vienna #edinburgh #liverpool #manchester #amsterdam #munich #berlin #toronto #vancouver #moscow #dublin #seoul #hcmc #telaviv #ENG #IT #4 #LI-PK1