Cloud Architect/Engineer - Open Data & Trustworthy AI Federation (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products. The size of our cloud platform is gaining momentum and it is already planet scale. Huawei Cloud is one of the largest and fastest-growing platforms in the world. It has strong presence with over 40 availability zones located across 4 continents and 23 geographical regions, covering locations such as Germany, Hong Kong, South Africa, or Brazil, among others. Now we are looking for a highly motivated
Cloud Architect/Cloud Engineer – Open Data and Trustworthy AI Federation (m/f/d)
who leads our efforts to prototype a federated, open data and trustworthy AI service cloud-edge platform solution. You will be involved in innovation projects with our technology partners and contribute to the design and validation of the platform in related open source and pan-European initiatives such as Gaia-X, the International Data Spaces or Eclipse.
This role requires a good understanding of the ongoing and emerging pan-European initiatives to build a sustainable open and trustworthy digital ecosystem with data sovereignty and open data spaces, underpinned by strong background in AI and data science, cloud technologies and advanced concepts for trustworthiness.
- Work in a team of domain experts responsible for developing and seeding new concepts of secure data and AI-service federation and shaping future standards.
- Drive the design, development, testing, and validation of the underlying infrastructure and solutions.
- Involvement in strategic projects, working in close collaboration with internal industry development and policy teams and partners.
- Provide guidance to ensure compliance with future open data sharing policies and procurement policies and create awareness of required technology features impacting the next generation of products and making a significant impact on our business and competitive position in Europe.
- BSc/Master or PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related disciplines
- Profound knowledge of large scale Public Cloud Platforms ideally “Open Stack”-based
- Deep understanding of future services, infrastructure and platform trends
- Hands-on experience in designing Cloud and Cloud-Edge solutions and demonstrated capabilities to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges
- Experience in working in large-scale international initiatives or nonprofit-organizations ideally in the context of open data and secure federation
- Operational experience with IT testbeds and IT operations and management including interoperability and security aspects
- Experience in the domain of IIoT and Cloud Manufacturing would be a plus.
- Understanding of Trustworthy AI principles would be beneficial
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations with strong ‘customer-facing’-skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German and Chinese would be a plus
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.