Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, and always-on collaboration. Fuze allows the modern, mobile
workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. We want to harness the power of video and high quality audio to build a communications and collaboration product that is intuitive, easy to use, reliable, elegant and above all visually stunning.
In the Meetings DevOps Team, you will be critical to our continued success and will be entrusted with the design, integration, and management of the meetings services that interface with our growing portfolio of solutions. In this role, you will work on our internal team projects, as well, work with the development teams and QA.
Ideally you share our passion for system automation and containerization, and will continually identify opportunities to further automate the infrastructure. An adept expert with linux and open source applications you take a DevOps approach to managing, orchestrating, and optimizing
services at both the container and application services level.
Put quite simply, you work hard to ensure that you don’t have to do the same task twice. This is your opportunity to join an exciting business and change the world!
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- - Experience building and supporting high performance / high availability platforms with a microservices architecture
- Able to take On call schedules /via Pagerduty
- Experience with DNS
- Experience with networking
- Experience with Apache, HAproxy, Nginx, Undertow
- Experience with Terraform, Consul, Vault
- Experience with Kafka and Zookeeper
- Experience with CI/CD ( Jenkins )
- Experience with versioning control tools ( git, svn )
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with centralized configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Chef
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, Splunk, ELK, CloudWatch)
- Previous experience with DevOps and agile methodologies
- Good understanding of security practices
- Team player
- Bachelor degree, college or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Linux Systems Administration experience
- Expert-level familiarity with Linux OS
- Previous experience with AWS and AWS services
(EC2, Elastic beanstalk, RDS, S3, Route 53, VPCs, etc)
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. bash, python)
- Previous experience in a devops role
- Previous experience with Docker and Docker Compose
- Operational experience with hosting web applications
- Operational experience with Apache and HAproxy
- Previous experience with Hashicorp products
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, system)
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skills
- Strong communication and people management skills.