Senior Cloud Engineer
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Senior Cloud Engineer
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to adopt and implement a cloud first vision.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for championing and contributing to building and delivering software using infrastructure as code for highly available, scalable and secure product offerings. The ideal candidate will be a passionate problem solver with a strong background in cloud infrastructure.
What you will do
- Create and maintain cloud-agnostic tooling to build and deploy Kinaxis applications
- Maintain and optimize Development Kubernetes clusters
- Troubleshoot issues in a Kubernetes environment and feedback to Development teams
- Collaborate with Development teams to deliver cloud first product offerings
- Collaborate with performance and test teams to optimize product offerings
What we are looking for
- >3 years of professional experience in DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering role
- experience coding in Python, bash or HCL
- experience with Ansible or similar configuration management tools
- experience with Terraform
- experience with Kubernetes and docker
- experience delivering to Azure or other public clouds
- Ability to feedback to improve team and reduce toil
- Ability to diagnose issues in a containerized environment
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.