Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
San Mateo, CA, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
We’re hiring talented Cloud Infrastructure Engineers that are passionate about using software approaches to solve and automate complex infrastructure challenges. You’ll be part of the cloud engineering organization where we have a strong focus on using engineering and software practices to manage and scale our cloud infrastructure. Working in cloud engineering, you’ll lead and contribute to initiatives aimed at scaling our infrastructure, process, systems, and automation. You’ll build a deep understanding of Snowflakes service and use that knowledge, coupled with your infrastructure and cloud knowledge, to optimize and evolve our infrastructure reliability, availability, serviceability, and price/performance..
You’ll work with some of the brightest engineers in the valley. To be successful, you’ll need to be deeply technical and capable of holding your own with other strong peers. You possess excellent communication, collaboration, and diplomacy skills. You have experience practicing infrastructure-as-code, including using tools like Terraform, Ansible. You’ll have strong software development fundamentals and skills. In addition, you’ll have strong systems knowledge and troubleshooting abilities.
If you love solving problems at scale, prefer to write scalable, reliable, and testable software to automate infrastructure management, are an ace troubleshooter, and are deeply technical, then this is the role for you!
AS A CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL:
- Develop software and tooling to facilitate greater automation, support, maintenance, and operability of services.
- Research, introduce, and implement solutions to build a highly reliable and scalable Infrastructure platform.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to investigate and resolve production issues.
- Create tooling that automates and simplifies the resolution of and investigation of production issues.
- Participate in a shared on-call rotation and ensure uptime of services.
OUR IDEAL CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- At least 2 years of experience in an infrastructure role working with AWS and/or Azure IaaS services eg. compute, object storage, iam, vpc, load balancing.
- Proficiency coding and creating automation in Golang and/or Python
- Experience with IaC tooling such as Terraform, Ansible and others.
- Strong understanding of Linux system, networking, and network protocols such as NTP, DNS, SMTP, DHCP, SSH, HTTP/HTTPS,TLS
- Able to calmly and efficiently debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills conducive to teamwork and collaboration.
- Self-driven & motivated to learn, with a strong sense of ownership, work ethic, and a passion for problem solving.
- Computer Science background and fundamentals.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?