Principal Engineer of Cloud Architecture - AI
At Talkdesk, our Engineering team follows a micro-service architecture approach to build the next generation of Talkdesk, with vertical teams responsible for all the decisions under their services. Through our Agile Coaches, we promote agile and collaborative practices, we are huge fans of Scrum, pair programming and we won’t let a single line of code reach production without peer code reviews. We strongly believe that the only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position and we always treat others with respect, deference and patience.
Our ambition is to become the avenue by which brands talk with their customers. We’re looking for a cloud systems architect to create the blueprints for the construction, growth, and sustainability of this avenue. Working with our AI team of 100+ engineers and data scientists, you’ll be in the prime position to have a massive impact on the team, product, and company trajectory.
As Principal Engineer of Cloud Architecture for AI, you’ll work with the leaders of our AI Business Unit to make the technical decisions upon which our products are built. This role reports to the Sr. Director of AI Engineering. More specifically, you will have to:
- Design technical systems for scalability, availability, security, and maintainability.
- Work with teams to ensure that architecture/technical decisions are contributing to pace, momentum, and customer delight and aligned with the overall architectural vision
- Maintain system diagrams describing cloud infrastructure, product infrastructure and data flow
- Hands-on prototyping to guide the team in creating solutions.
- Support team of 100+ engineers and data scientists by designing and promoting a framework for making technical decisions.
- Unblock technical decisions by facilitating technical discussions at the team level.
- Collaborate with other Business Units at Talkdesk to deliver interoperability and to make use of services/infrastructure across the company.
- Track record of architecting and delivering cloud systems for enterprise clients.
- Experience building and maintaining machine learning pipelines.
- Experience building data pipelines and ETL systems.
- Experience building CI/CD systems for machine learning.
- Demonstrated hands-on development with Java, Microservices Architecture, REST, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of issues facing companies in the era of GDPR.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- A get it done / fast to market attitude.
Nice to have
- Experience working with Spark.
- Databricks & MLFlow experience.
- Experience with cloud services at AWS, Google, Azure.
- Knowledge of NLP techniques, voice streaming, voice/digital agents
- Familiarity with contact center industry.
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.