Clubhouse was built by software engineers with the goal of making project management software less painful, more collaborative, and help software development teams do their best work. The platform combines a simple, modern UI with enterprise-grade tools, allowing technology companies to plan and manage their projects effectively, visualize progress across the organization, and define deadlines and milestones based upon data and predictive modeling. Thousands of the fastest-growing organizations use Clubhouse to plan and build software, including Nubank, Dataiku, Scale AI, Atrium and LaunchDarkly.
We’re looking for DevOps Engineers who will aid us in designing, implementing, and building online services with scalability, security and reliability in mind. You will work closely with the other engineering teams to ensure that our overall system remains performant, reliable, and efficient. We aim to empower our individual engineering teams to have responsibility over the applications they deliver, and you will provide the expertise, tooling, and infrastructure to enable that.
What you’ll do:
- Design supportable and scalable cloud native systems with our frontend, backend, and mobile teams
- Improve our software deployment pipeline across a variety of architectures through CI / CD principles and automation
- Build systems with pragmatic instrumentation, alerting, and observability that enables effective and healthy long term support
- Develop software with security as a first principle
- Evolve our systems to become multi-region and improve our disaster resiliency and recoverability
- Building / Deploying greenfield architecture for new products and features that integrates with Clubhouse.
Technologies we use: AWS, Linux, Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Circle CI, Datomic, Elasticsearch, etc
What you’ll need to have:
- 7+ years software engineering experience, and relevant exposure and interest to the bulleted items below
- Experience supporting a customer facing web application
- An Infrastructure as Code approach
- Experience with AWS
- Demonstrated skills in delivering high quality code (expertise in a scripting language, preferably Bash or Python)
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, SaltStack, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Familiarity with automating deployments using tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Gitlab, CI/CD
- Observability through logging, metrics, and monitoring tools, such as Elasticsearch, Kibana, CloudWatch, etc.
- Comfortable with an iterative and flexible development style
- Judicious decision making skills in a high-responsibility environment
- Independent problem solving skills, working efficiently with teams of two to three, pair programming or working alone
- Thirst for learning about emerging technology and trends, tempered with a healthy skepticism
- Bonus points for Clojure experience (or other JVM languages)
What we’ll offer:
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision insurance with 100% of premiums covered for employees, an annual conference budget available for your professional development, 12 weeks paid parental leave (available from day 1), a 401k plan, and much more.
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, all offers also come with a sizable equity grant.
- You’ll be working on a product built for other technology companies, with the aim of improving the lives of its users. We want and value your input as we try to keep the product moving in the right direction.
- We expect you to work at a sustainable pace, take time off as needed, and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Many of us have families and kids, so we don't work crazy hours and don't expect you to either.
- We have a remote-first culture and more than half the team works outside of the NYC office. Regardless of where you’re located every employee is granted the flexibility to work where they choose.
Clubhouse is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.