Network / Infrastructure Administrator
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Axiom, a new model professional services firm and a revolution in the legal industry, is seeking a System Administrator to support and maintain Axiom’s growing global IT infrastructure.
What We’re Looking For
This is a rare opportunity for an industrious problem solver with a strong technology background to become part of a tight-knit team working to scale and support a global IT infrastructure. Primarily supporting and maintaining Axiom’s global IT infrastructure, we require an individual with a tremendous amount of initiative, organizational skills and the desire to work in an innovative, entrepreneurial environment and grow within a growing business. Some after-hours / weekend work will be necessary to minimize the impact of system changes to your end users and to ensure project timelines are met.
The Network/Infrastructure Administrator will:
- Work with Axiom’s IT teams to ensure a secure, available, effective and reliable computing environment across offices.
- Assist in the support and maintenance of all Axiom’s infrastructure assets, including LANs, WANs, cloud and co-location data centers, servers, data storage, virtualization, telecommunications, etc.
- Assist in the support of Axiom’s SCCM, Active Directory and Office 365 environments.
- Assist in the support and maintenance of system security and backup technologies.
- Evaluate, propose and implement procedures for deployment, monitoring, maintaining, securing, auditing and standardization of the Axiom environment.
- Support end-users as needed.
- Perform software and hardware configuration across several platforms
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team, willing to develop the technical skills of other team members whenever possible.
- Participate in an on-call rota.
Successful candidates possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of four years of related work experience with a successful track record.
- Ability to succeed in fast paced environments; comfortable with tight timelines; possessing a sense of urgency.
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems combined with a willingness to do what one must to ensure timelines and goals are met.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, lead specialists, manage all aspects of projects, and provide consultancy to users.
- Decisiveness, good judgement, strong organization skills, project management skills, strong technical knowledge, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to manage one’s own schedule amidst several competing projects while managing other’s expectations.
- Ability and a strong desire to provide exceptional in-person and remote support to our user base across our offices.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
- Excellent troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to always keep an open attitude to sharing information.
Successful candidates possess the following technical skills/background:
- Proven experience in administering Windows Server OS (2012 upwards) servers in a domain environment. Professional certifications are desirable.
- Solid hands-on experience and understanding of Active Directory and Microsoft Office 365 platforms.
- An appreciation for network design, deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting (firewall, switch, router, load-balancing, etc.)
- Experience working with private & public cloud virtualised infrastructure.
- Familiarity with ITIL based service operations surrounding Change, Incident, and Problem management
- Familiarity with network and systems monitoring and alerting tools such as SolarWinds and PagerDuty
- Familiarity with backup methods and tools such as Veeam.
- Familiarity with network and systems monitoring tools such as SolarWinds a plus
- Ability to work proficiently with minimal daily guidance and bring mature skills when working with production systems
- Familiarity with IaaS platforms such as Amazon Web Services is desirable.
- Good knowledge of PowerShell scripting language or similar.
- Experience working with managed software distribution & deployment a plus.
- SharePoint experience a plus.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.