Production Operations Manager (Site Reliability)
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. By leveraging the latest innovations in mobile technology, cloud services, telemedicine, and mass-engagement channels like Facebook and Google, we are breaking down traditional geographic barriers to patient trial participation while shortening the time needed to bring new treatments to the market. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry, one patient, at a time. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a razor-sharp Production Operations Manager (Site Reliability) eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
As part of the Science 37 team, the Productions Operations Manager (Site Reliability) has a hands-on role supporting the development of Science 37 platform, the technology that enables Science 37’s groundbreaking Decentralized Clinical Trial research model.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the 24x7 escalation point for production support to diagnose, triage and resolve customer issues.
- Resolving operational issues by analyzing the root causes or assisting in the process
- Overseeing and ensuring the integrity of production systems on a day-to-day basis to ensure uninterrupted services
- Working with DevOps lead to implement Production Operations best practices, tool configuration and ALM tools like JIRA and Release Automation
- Managing and lead a development team dedicated to production issues and site reliability
- Working closely with development teams to capture and document Application Maintenance and support procedures
- Documenting fixes and procedures related to Prod/Ops support.
- Addressing production issues from the Service Desk tool (i.e. JIRA, Kace) and encouraging business users to report and document production issues.
- Fixing both application and infrastructure production issues and dynamic content problems logged by Customers and Business users.
- Referring frequently occurring incidents to Developers for Problem resolution
- Understanding the deployment requirements for all applications and production environments
- Leading in capacity planning, tuning systems stability, provisioning and scaling of the production infrastructure
- Elevating the productivity and quality of the entire department by maintaining high levels of professionalism and discipline.
- Education: B.S. in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience: 6+ years of experience in application development/testing/DevOps
- Experience: 3+ years of experience in production operations/site reliability
- Infrastructure: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. ECS, RDS, ALB, S3, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail) to develop and maintain an AWS-based solution, with an emphasis on security, scalability and stability.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. bash, Node.js, python) and automation skills.
- Monitoring & Alerting Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (CloudWatch, SNS, ElasticSearch, NewRelic, APM, AWS X-ray).
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Production Support tools: JIRA, Zendesk
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Docker, bash, AWS SDK
- Platform: Familiarity with Mulesoft a plus
- DB Skills: Advanced queries for MySQL, NoSQL
- Version Control: Familiarity using version control systems (git, Github).
- Security: Awareness of cloud security best practices
- Industry: Experience in SaaS, Healthcare/Medical, or Research
- Strong communication and presentation skills – Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Computer skills – Working knowledge of MS Office suite and Google applications. Able to generate business correspondence, create forms and generate reports as required.
- Knowledge of field organizational strategies – The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment. Successful decentralized team management and situational responsive decision-making.
- Team management and collaborative capabilities – Commitment to collaboration, within and across departments. Leverages each team member’s unique background and perspective to achieve team goals while providing clear direction and accountabilities. Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with teams working in multiple locations.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective and tactful manner. Has a range of interpersonal skills, with the ability to select a best-fit approach.
- Professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self-control and flexibility to get the work done. Detail-oriented individual with a passion for learning new skills, technologies and best practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and people skills – Communicate ideas effectively to resolve conflicts and achieve business goals. A focus on people and outcomes, not simply output. Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Practices professionalism and integrity in all actions – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self-control, and flexibility to get the work done. Professional commitment to security, stability and quality.
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The incumbent is required to work under the guidance and direction of the Senior Director of Platform Engineering who will assign project, provide general direction and guidance. Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Full-Stack Engineer
- Test Engineer
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!