Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
Sigma is SaaS, next-generation business intelligence and data exploration platform that is changing the analytics landscape. Sigma offers a spreadsheet-like interface that enables all decision makers to securely analyze up to billions of rows of live data with the unlimited scale and speed of the cloud. With Sigma, everyone can quickly answer their own questions to make and visualize accurate, data-driven decisions.
We are looking for a self motivated engineering manager to lead a team of high energy individuals on the Infrastructure team. The team ensures our service is up and running well to provide great value for our customers. It also enables the rest of the engineering team to move fast and build features efficiently by improving our development and monitoring tools. This is a terrific opportunity If you crave for technical challenges and are willing to roll up your sleeves to realize the vast potential of this team.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with the staffing team to creatively recruit and build an inclusive team of Infrastructure engineers.
- Instill a strong sense of ownership and accountability within the team wherein members hold each other to a high bar.
- Enable the team to realize their potential and help them set and work towards their career development goals.
- Participate in discussions pertaining to architectural design, implementation, and quality of the systems, tools, infrastructure, and platforms that your team is responsible for.
- Communicate roadmap and execution plans within the team and across the org to ensure alignment.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Highly technical background with a focus on infrastructure.
- Experience with service oriented architectures at scale either on AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Proven ability to set aggressive, meaningful goals and achieve them.
- 5+ years of technical experience in distributed systems and devops and 2+ years of people management experience.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Generous health benefits.
- Flexible time off policy. Take the time off you need!
- Traditional and Roth 401ks.
- Commuter and FSA benefits.