Cloud DevOps Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
WellSky is seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our Enterprise Services team.
In this role you will create, maintain, and troubleshoot our Development and Production environments for multiple solutions hosted in AWS. This includes the building of docker images with automated build and test tools (Azure pipelines), as well as deploying our Enterprise Data Pipelines and ensuring we are meeting our platform SLAs.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Working in an AWS Hosted Kubernetes environment, ensuring proper operation of the clusters, both in development and production.
- Using IaaC tools, like terraform, to create/maintain our solution environments.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Apply cloud (AWS & Azure) computing skills to automate, deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Working in our Sreamsets data pipeline platform, and building a world class data ingestion system.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Responsibilities also include close collaboration with software developers on the product teams, operations staff, and other IT staff members to manage code releases.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Experience with IaaC, specifically using Terraform
- AWS experience, specifically: EC2, EKS, ECR, RDS, IAM, VPC
- Must have Container Orchestration experience, specifically: Kubernetes, Helm.
- Continuous Delivery/Integration: Azure DevOps
- OS Automation & Administration Experience: Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 or higher), Windows Server 2016 or higher.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
Do you stand above the rest?
- You possess a problem-solving attitude.
- You can build and maintain .NET Core applications.
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You can work as part of an agile software development team.
- AWS and Azure Devops Experience
- Application Development/Coding/Scripting Experience: Ruby, Python, bash, Powershell
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.