Vmware VDI Administrator
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a VMware specialist, you will be responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
- Upgrade and Maintain VMWare ESX and GSX servers and virtual sessions
- Work on major severity and complex server issues
- Provide Backup and restore VMWare servers and virtual sessions
- Drive RCA preparation and meeting SLA for RCA submission along with planning and implementing fixes / patches
- Performance and capacity management on VMWare servers and complex health check-ups
- Perform in 24 x 7 environment in shift roaster and attend calls whenever assigned
- Identify and recommend improvements to existing processes
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems
- Adhere to all the account specific technical as well as general process / procedures
- Ensure the Service Requests and all pre-requisite checks are followed diligently
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in IT industry with VMware VCP certification
- Proficient in controlling administrator rights on VM Infrastructure, Use of VMware Converter Enterprise and overview
- Good working & troubleshooting skills of VMware Horizon View versions
- Validated knowledge & troubleshooting skills of VMware ESX & ESXi & vSphere versions and Troubleshooting user level issues
- Administration & troubleshooting skills on Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Participation on Major/Severity incidents for resolution and perform root cause analysis (RCA) for the Major incidents.
- Excellent Knowledge on x86 Servers with one or more of the following hardware vendors: HP Chassis & Rack mount, Cisco UCS, etc.
- Experienced knowledge & troubleshooting skills on Storage Technologies: RAIDs, Fiber Channel and iSCSI with one of the following vendors: EMC, Netapp etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge on Powershell scripting & Ansible automations
- Preferred knowledge on LINUX server’s administration and services
- Mware Horizon VDI Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Willingness to work on rotational shifts and available at short notice
- Proven experience in ESX Server Installation and configuration of virtual switches, network connections and port groups configure Storage
- Expertise in Virtual Center Installation and configuration and Installation of its components Perform Level 3 Support Esx Operating system
- Demonstrable experience in Install / Upgrade Esx platform environment
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible Linux VMware Windows
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific