QA Automation Engineer
Remote - Seattle, Washington, United States
FormAssembly is a 100% remote SaaS company dedicated to helping customers streamline organizational processes and be better stewards of their data and we are looking for key individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
Customers like Amazon, PayPal, New York City, Harvard, and thousands of other organizations worldwide rely on FormAssembly to capture the data they need quickly and securely. We have been recognized in the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, and we are a G2 Crowd Winter 2021 Leader.
We're intelligent, adaptive, and growing rapidly - thanks to our impressive roster of customers.
We are looking to add another QA Automation Engineer to our Engineering department.
Experience and Skills we are looking for:
- Proven ability to work with other engineers to develop and improve existing automated quality assurance tools
- Experience working in both test and production code for web applications, including MVC, APIs, Js, and Unit tests
- Development of a complete product understanding, and leveraging that to discover defects and improvements
- Participation in pairing, documentation, and other forms of knowledge sharing to help improves processes and the product
- Ability to work in the following time zones: Eastern Standard Time, Central Standard Time, Mountain Standard Time, and/or Pacific Standard time
- 5+ years of dynamic or strictly typed OOP experience including C++, PHP, Java, Python
- 5+ years experience debugging complex code using debugging tools such as: Console, Developer Tools, XDebug
- 5+ years with exploratory testing, documenting use cases, and becoming a product expert
- 5+ years experience with BDD, and TDD, Gherkin, Cucumber, Behat, Codeception, Selenium UI testing, writing test cases for API's
- Experienced at avoiding and resolving false negatives and false positives, especially in UI testing
- Excellent written and oral communicator
Nice to have, but not fully required experience:
- Previous remote working experience
- Working with CI / CR tools like: Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Circleci, SauceLabs, Code Coverage, Code Deploy
- Systems administration: LAMP, Docker, Vagrant, Bash
- Previous experience helping establish a testing mindset throughout the implementation process from planning to release
- Working on web applications that process large volumes of data and/or receive high volumes of traffic
FormAssembly is a leading Enterprise Data Collection platform, thanks to our impressive roster of customers. We have been recognized in the 2018 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies, and we are a G2 Crowd Winter 2019 Leader. Our mission is to help organizations collect, use, and be good stewards of the personal data entrusted to them.
Here are some links to give you a peek into what it's like to work at FormAssembly:
If you’re a genuinely nice person who is great to work with, respectful, and who will put the team and our customers first, we’d be thrilled to have you apply for this position. FormAssembly is an equal opportunity employer. If you belong to an under-represented group in Tech, you’ll find a welcoming culture that thrives on diversity.
This is a full-time position, open to all locations (working remotely, from home).
FormAssembly is a completely distributed team. We thrive through digital communication, and work to connect numerous times a day. Our culture is unique, read more about it here. Some of our benefits include:
- Health benefits (health, dental, vision) for Team Members based in the United States
- 401(k) with 4% company match for Team Members based in the United States
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 9 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
- Charitable contribution match
- Budget for professional development
- Company provided Mac laptop
You'll be joining a talented and fun team, working together to build something great!