Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
St. Louis Park, Minnesota, United States
We are looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer to join our growing engineering team. The major accountability of this position involves being a key member of the development team ensuring the quality of software deliverables. Creating the framework, scripts, and executing automated test is ultimately the goal for this position. The QA Automation Engineer is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert on automation, performance, and load testing.
The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Work with development managers and other software quality engineers to plan, develop, and execute software tests that cover smoke testing, feature testing, API testing, and post-release validation.
- Create the framework from the ground up for performance and load automated tests.
- Investigate defects using server logs, browser developer tools, and other
- resources and tools available.
- Communicate issues effectively within an issue reporting system and work
- alongside developers to ensure new and old issues are resolved appropriately.
- Create, update, maintain, and execute automation suites and as needed.
- Reproduce and clearly document all issues found during verification and validation.
- Clearly document validation and verification results.
- Developing automated test systems and scripts beyond record and playback. Specifically developing functions, using APIs, adding control flow logic, loops etc.
- Working with Development and Quality Assurance team on tests to automate.
- Mentor others who have a desire to start automating their tests.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent direct work experience.
- Experience in creating load and performance automated tests from the ground up.
- Experience with using load and performance testing tools.
- Passionate about testing.
- Experience in performance, load, functional, regression, negative, system level and user acceptance testing.
- Advocate of testing, Agile methodology and Quality Assurance “Best Practices”.
- Experience mentoring others.
- Strong research, troubleshooting, organization, time management and documentation skills.
- Must have an innovative outlook and a desire to seek new and more effective ways of testing.
- Ability to work and produce consistent results independently and in group settings.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles.
- Experience of source control systems and configuration management.
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
- Strong knowledge of restful APIs.
- Experience with Selenium web-driver.
- Experience with programming languages, Python is a plus.
- Knowledge of shell scripts, power shell and security is a plus.
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow.
- Will thrive in high growth culture: Has a forward-thinking mindset, resilient, adaptable, and curious.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Here’s what you and your family get for helping us build what’s next.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Health Advocate Program
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Health Savings Account Flexible Spending Accounts Disability Protection
- Life & Voluntary Life Coverage Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus
Total Expert is a high-growth, venture-backed SaaS company who is the Experience Platform for the financial services industries. Hundreds of banks, credit unions, and lenders throughout the U.S. use our Experience Platform to create customers for life. We enable our customers to build more human connections by creating relevant, engaging, and meaningful customer experiences.
At Total Expert, we strive for excellence, innovation, and customer success in everything we do. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that we can allow our customers to build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
Simply put, we believe that we are all a part of building something awesome and are committed to creating a world-class team and culture to do it.