Senior ML Platform Engineer
Redwood City, CA
Course Hero is Scaling. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can help us build an end-to-end platform for scaling machine learning (ML) experiments, ML microservices deployment, and configuration management of ML models. You’ll be a part of the Machine Learning Product Engineering team at Course Hero and collaborate multi-functionally to ship ML products that personalize learning experiences for students and help educators build outstanding course content. The scalable ML systems you build will enable our product designers to bring intelligent data products to the Course Hero platform.
A Course Hero Staff Engineer is a technical leader who provides mentorship for team members, drives execution on key projects, and participates in the continuous improvement of our software systems. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to constantly evolving business needs. You can view these videos on our engineering culture and our company mission.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
- Architect, build, and maintain a scalable platform for training, deploying, and supervising ML models, microservices, and APIs in modern containerized cloud environments.
- Automate various steps in ML workflow, from model training, inference, and deployment.
- Build prototypes/web apps to rapidly experiment on various versions of ML algorithms and DNN architectures for optimized content recommendations to our customers.
- Partner with ML engineers, data scientists/engineers, and product engineering teams to understand business needs, find the right solution to a problem, and ship products.
Are you our next Senior Software Engineer, ML Platform?
- You have 7+ years of validated experience working as a software engineer, with 2-3 years on a Machine Learning focused product or infrastructure.
- You have 3-5 years of demonstrated ability writing Python code in production
- Confirmed knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases, RESTful APIs, and docker-containerized microservice-based architectures.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem including ML frameworks like Athena, S3, EMR Spark, Sagemaker, Tensorflow.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or similar orchestration and configuration management
- Exposure to a variety of machine learning algorithms (both supervised and unsupervised) and/or experience working with ML teams in the past
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
- Passionate about education
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program with match
- Education Reimbursement
- Quarterly team events and outings (Sporting Events, Escape Rooms, Go-Kart Racing, Karaoke, Bowling and much more)
- Free lunches twice a week, on-site cafe discount, plus an endless snack and drink supply
- Onsite gym – Pacific Shores Center – Classes – Pool – Spa – Rock Wall - Massages
- Commuter benefits, shuttle service from Redwood City, and cell-phone allowance
- Local move benefit to move within 10 miles of our office
- 8 hours per quarter paid time for volunteering for a cause of your choice
- Front row seat to Master Educator lectures – check out our Lecture Series videos
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Course Hero, we have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as the 278th Fastest Growing Company in North America on Deloitte’s 2019 Technology Fast 500 and also 2019’s One of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the Bay Area News Group. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.