Director / Senior Director of Cloud Architecture for Artificial Intelligence
Lehi, Utah, United States
At Talkdesk, our ambition is to become the avenue by which brands talk with their customers. We’re looking for a cloud systems architect to create the blueprints for the construction, growth, and sustainability of this avenue. Working with our AI team of 100+ engineers and data scientists, you’ll be in the prime position to have a massive impact on the team, product, and company trajectory.
Talkdesk is the fastest growing SaaS Contact Center startup with over 1800 customers like Peloton, Canon, and Campaign Monitor and over 1000 employees. It was named twice in the Forbes Cloud 100 list, was listed as Forbes next Billion-Dollar company and It is also the youngest company ever to make Gartner's CCaaS Magic Quadrant.
As Director / Sr. Director of Cloud Architecture for AI, you’ll work with the leaders of our AI Business Unit to make the technical decisions upon which our products are built. This role reports to the VP of AI and works as a partner to the Sr. Director of AI Engineering.
- Design technical systems for scalability, availability, security, and maintainability.
- Work with teams to ensure that architecture/technical decisions are contributing to pace, momentum, and customer delight and aligned with the overall architectural vision.
- Maintain system diagrams describing cloud infrastructure, product infrastructure and data flow
- Hands-on prototyping to guide the team in creating solutions.
- Support team of 100+ engineers and data scientists by designing and promoting a framework for making technical decisions.
- Unblock technical decisions by facilitating technical discussions at the team level.
- Collaborate with other Business Units at Talkdesk to deliver interoperability and to make use of services/infrastructure across the company.
- Track record of architecting and delivering cloud systems for enterprise clients
- Experience building and maintaining machine learning pipelines
- Experience building data pipelines and ETL systems
- Experience building CI/CD systems for machine learning
- Demonstrated hands-on development with Java, Microservices Architecture, REST, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of issues facing companies in the era of GDPR
- Experience with infrastructure as codeautomation systems (Terraform)
- A get it done / fast to market attitude
- Ideally experience working with Spark