DevOps (Cloud) Engineer
London, England, United Kingdom
Digital Shadows is fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Frankfurt and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise, and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to define and implement the cloud infrastructure and processes required to ensure the highest quality and speed of our development pipeline. You will be responsible for providing design and implementation of cloud infrastructure, with reference to best practice and suitability for the company such that the company is able to expand coverage and value for customers. You will also be responsible for identifying places where automation can be introduced to speed up and improve processes.
Role and Responsibilities
- Define and develop our AWS ECS-based cloud infrastructure addressing scaling, development tooling, data storage, etc.
- Support our older EC2 puppet-managed infrastructure
- Support and scale our data sources including Elasticsearch, Hbase, S3, RDS
- Work with and extend our GitOps pattern to deliver infrastructure and code from source control reliably
- Support the development team in a move from monolithic applications and releases to microservices and independently releasable packages through automation.
- Work as part of agile team identifying and planning work to be delivered in each sprint
- Build out AWS infrastructure designs using Terraform
- Provide feedback/peer review on designs produced by colleagues
- Strong knowledge of AWS infrastructure design and implementation
- Solid experience with ECS as a container platform
- Experience with infrastructure and usage patterns for a container platform (e.g. ECS, Kubernetes)
- Solid knowledge of development pipeline technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tooling (e.g. Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- A strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Technical experience working in IT with a strong understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals; compute infrastructure, storage, networking and management
- Strong understanding of security concerns around cloud
- Strong scripting experience with any modern scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, Golang)
- Experience defining and building Docker applications, and scaling image usage across an entire code base
- Ability to advocate and encourage ownership of tooling and process within the wider development team.
- Experience supporting personnel and functionality in development/test and production environments
- Experience with product selection and decision making, as well as presenting decisions to stakeholders
- Ability to seek out opportunities to automate manual functions and pro-actively improve the reliability and performance of our cloud platforms
- Ability to maintain knowledge of developments in AWS services and seek out opportunities to apply new features and functionality to existing design patterns.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interest in building cloud infrastructure
- A desire to learn and continually develop
- Competitive Benefits Package, including equity
- Salary is negotiable on and commensurate with experience
- Spirited, fun office with regular outings/events (in a normal year!)
- Regular hack days
- Like most organisations, we're currently working remotely.