Director of Software Engineering (DevOps)
Who we are:
Unite Us is reinventing the delivery of health and human services. We connect service providers on a common platform, enabling scalable, accountable and measurable delivery of wraparound care. Our technology provides the collaborative infrastructure for these communities. We care deeply about the work we do and the communities our software benefits. We’re looking for people to join our team who share that passion for our mission to reinvent Health & Human Services and aspire to make a lasting difference for future generations. No matter how large our team grows, we will always be family. Unite Us prides itself on offering a competitive salary, full benefits, and the opportunity to change the world. Come to Unite Us and together we can build healthier communities for everyone.
Unite US is seeking an exceptional individual to be part of the cutting-edge Unite Us Engineering platform and lead the design and development of our DevOps processes for the organization.
The DevOps team undertakes full responsibility for developing a broad portfolio of highly available, automated, scalable, reliable and secure systems allowing to improve velocity, quality, performance and security of how Unite Us develops, delivers, iterates, recovers and maintains production systems. As the Director of DevOps, you will build a team of experts in software automation responsible for implementation of automation-as-a-code across a wide and diverse range of operations including but not limited to solution deployment and update, cluster scale-up and scale-out, post-disaster recovery, and others.
What You'll Do:
- Hire, mentor and grow a world-class DevOps team who will own and improve existing elements of the pipeline in order to implement a platform to enable a generative culture that supports a dynamic, disciplined, and empirically rigorous experimentation process
- Track and continuously improve Lead Time, Mean Time to Restore and Deployment Frequency
- Evangelize DevOps principles through clear communication and education across the organization
- Focus on simple solutions to complex problems
- Act as a technical expert on connect development and operations and the techniques and tools to enable maximum organizational learning and adaptation
- Lead proactive ownership and improvement of security and compliance measures across the platform infrastructure and services
- Own AWS infrastructure management
- At least 3 years of proven managerial experience including hiring, managing and mentoring
- At least 5 years’ experience in DevOps engineering creating and automating CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, or GitHub following GitOps principles
- Proven track record evangelizing DevOps principles with an organization
- Expertise in modern tooling (e.g. JIRA, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Expertise in development and scripting languages; a strong preference for Ruby
- Expertise in troubleshooting and system administration tasks in Linux and Unix
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Passion for high quality.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in supporting diverse datastores (e.g. PostgreSQL, Neo4j, Elasticsearch, S3, Redshift, etc)
- Experience in security fundamentals
- Experience in networking, coordination, and service discovery
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is flexible on location
- This position requires 5% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.