Site Reliability Engineering Professional
Madrid, Madrid, ES
IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) is the IT infrastructure and business process services segment of IBM. We offer strategic outsourcing, business transformation outsourcing, integrated technology services, and maintenance and support.
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Site Reliability Engineering Professional, specialized on Application, your responsibilities will include:
- Focusing on end-to-end solutions.
- Coordinating and integrating delivery across the full stack for one or more squads.
- Understanding service lifecycle of client’s applications.
- Engaging in delivery-related client communications.
- Leading continuous integration of change and improvement of services for their squads.
- Driving improved insights and automation.
- Advising to improve service delivery and process improvements.
- Applying devops practices to support continuous development and integration.
- Applying System Thinking to operations.
- Managing Tools & Technology across the Software Development Life-Cycle lifecycle (CI/CD).
- Using SLOs & Error Budget to control velocity.
- Monitoring the “Golden” Signals.
- Infusing AI across hybrid, multicloud environments Improving reliability of a critical application or business area.
- You will also be involved as a technical expert and skill-based doer in a squad.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience with proven experience in designing and building SRE solutions.
- Deep knowledge of Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, GCP).
- Software Engineering knowledge and strong programming skills.
- Source and project control (GitHub Enterprise, ZenHub, Jira).
- Monitoring and logging tools (Nagios, QRadar, New Relic, sysdig, logDNA).
- Continuous Integration platforms (Jenkins, Terraform, TeamCity, Travis CI).
- Strong communication, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years of experience with at least 2 years working as a SRE IT certifications.
- Familiarity with load balancing, geo routing, and proxying.
- Networking – Firewalls and Load Balancing (Vyatta, StrongSwan).
- NoSQL databases, key-stores and other data-structure solutions (MongoDB, Redis).
- Virtual application and web servers (Apache, NGINX, WebSphere, IIS).
- Mathematical and statistical models to assess trends.
- Knowledge of Data Platforms, Analytics, AI & Machine Learning.
- Organizational Knowledge.
- Employ Collaborative Influence.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
At IBM we are always pushing the boundaries of science and technology. We strongly believe that here at IBM you will find the best environment to thrive. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world.
A place to be yourself and pursue your career while feeling respected and supported. A company where you can really develop your talents and turn your innovative ideas into something truly impactful.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Apache AWS Azure CD CI GCP Jira Load Balancing MongoDB Nginx Redis Reliability engineering Terraform
Job region(s): Europe