Site Reliability Engineering Professional: Application
Madrid, Madrid, ES
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Platform Site Reliability Engineering Professionals have broad and deep skills in operations and in a variety of coding technologies. They focus on the resiliency, reliability, security and scalability I/T systems.
What you’ll do:
• Work in an Agile, collaborative environment to deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services.
• Engage with customers to help them resolve their issues or queries.
• Maintain the reliability, stability, and efficiency of the platform, including being an active participant in incident response and incident management, which may include being on-call
• Automate and optimize processes using tools like Ansible, Rundeck, New Relic, Github, and Jira
Who You Are:
• Passionate for customer success and learning new technologies.
• Great at solving problems, debugging, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems. • Familiar with operating systems such as Linux and Windows.
• Enjoy solving difficult engineering problems and don’t mind getting your hands dirty
• Eager for resolving reliability issues and identify strategies to mitigate going forward
• Willing to work in an ever-changing environment
• Interesed in automation and innovations that improve productivity
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Degree on Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience working with DevOps mindset or in an Agile environment
• Good understanding of Linux, Windows and AIX system internals and virtualized environments, are familiar with the TCP/IP stack, network routing and load balancing.
• Experience deploying, configuring, and maintaining systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services.
• Good Software Engineering skills ideally with experience in Python, Go and/or Java, Ansible or Shell scripting
• Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, such as MySQL, MongoDB and PostgreSQL Knowledge of storage management in different environments
• Approach troubleshooting systematically and have a deep sense of ownership for whatever you work on
• Ability to root cause sources of instability in a high-traffic, distributed system
• Tech Stack (depends on the engagement)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience with configuration and troubleshooting of Linux, Java/Scala, Docker systems
• Understanding of large-scale complex systems from a reliability perspective
• Java, Go, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Python/Ansible, IBM Cloud/AWS/Azure, Ruby, Redis, PostgreSQL, Nginx, Google Cloud Platform, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Telegraf, Sensu, Debian, PowerDNS, BIND, InfluxDB, SSL (OpenSSL), Grafana, haproxy, keepalived, Solr, Scala, Kafka, JVMs"
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible AWS Azure Debian Docker Elasticsearch Go Google Cloud Platform Grafana High-traffic Java Jira Kafka Kubernetes Linux Load Balancing MongoDB MySQL Nginx PostgreSQL Python Redis Reliability engineering Ruby Scala Solr SQL Terraform Windows
Job region(s): Europe