Site Reliability Engineering
Madrid, Madrid, ES
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an Engineering discipline that combines Software and Systems Engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE is a key role in our growing and dynamic IBM Planning Analytics on Cloud organization.
This technical role is focused on deploying, maintaining, and automating wide ranges of operational tasks for the IBM Planning Analytics on Cloud application.
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Ready to grow your career in the Cloud? Do you like the feeling that you are making a difference?
This is your chance to be an integral part of a dynamic team of professionals deploying and maintaining innovative, industry-leading, cloud-based software.
You will work collaboratively with the entire Cloud organization and IBM vendors to support, maintain, and operationally improve the reliability of the application.
What you’ll do:
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environment to deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services.
- Engage with customers to help them resolve their issues or queries.
- Maintain the reliability, stability, and efficiency of the platform, including being an active participant in incident response and incident management, which may include being on-call
- Automate and optimize processes using tools like Ansible, Rundeck, New Relic, Github, and Jira"
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Expert in Linux administration, with solid knowledge in middleware, storage and network.
- Experience working with application and architecture teams, understanding non-functional requirements and implementing solutions.
- Scripting (Bash, Perl, Ruby, ...).
- Programming languages (Python, Go, ...).
- Lifecycle management tools (Git, Jenkins, ...).
- Experience working in cloud (Softlayer/IBM Cloud, Amazon, Azure, Google Cloud, Openstack).
- Experience working with Docker containers and microservices architectures. Container orchestration (Kubernetes, Swarm, public Cloud container-related services).
- Infrastructure as Code and Software Defined Environments.
- Knowledge in microservices applications based on Spring Cloud, AngularJS, ELK, DevOps tools, reverse proxies, Kafka, Blockchain, Web servers.
- Spanish and English fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Configuration management tools (SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, ...).
- Web development and API management.
- Data lake, Hadoop, Spark and other Big Data and Analytics technologies.
- Cognitive, Machine Learning.
- Networking skills: TCP/IP, Routing RIP, BGP, GRE, MPLS, VRF,Load balancing, Firewall, DNS, ...
- Agile and devops methodologies and practices.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
At IBM we are always pushing the boundaries of science and technology. We strongly believe that here at IBM you will find the best environment to thrive. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world.
A place to be yourself and pursue your career while feeling respected and supported. A company where you can really develop your talents and turn your innovative ideas into something truly impactful.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible Azure Bash Chef Docker ELK Git Go Hadoop Jira Kafka Kubernetes Linux Load Balancing OpenStack Perl Python Reliability engineering Ruby Spark
Job region(s): Europe